Application for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses Pursuant to the Hyde Amendment
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE (Name) DISTRICT OF (Name of State)
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Criminal Cause No. __________________
Application of John Doe for Attorneys’ Fees and Expenses
COMES NOW, John Doe, the Defendant in this matter, by and through his attorney of record,
files this application for attorneys' fees and expenses, respectfully showing the following:
1. John Doe was indicted on (date). He was charged with bank fraud.
2. On appeal from the District Court, he was acquitted by the (Number) Circuit Court of
Appeals acquitted John Doe.
3. The Hyde Amendment provides for awards of reasonable attorney's fees and other
litigation expenses to prevailing defendants in certain criminal cases.
4. The Hyde Amendment incorporates procedures and limitations set forth in the Equal
Access to Justice Act, which provides for awards of reasonable attorney's fees and other
litigation expenses to prevailing parties in certain civil cases against the United States.
5. Defendant elects to proceed with this application under the procedures set forth in
Section 2412(b) of the Equal Access to Justice Act, as that section is incorporated by the
6. To receive a Section 2414(b)