Blue Mountain State
February 5, 2010
• The freshman backup
quarterback from Wyoming who
is struggling to deal with the
pressures of big time college
• He has a lot talent, and takes
pride in being the second string
quarterback, because it enables
him to do a lot more partying, but
less work on the field.
• He strives on sleeping with all of
the attractive women on campus.
• He’s known for being the guy
that stirs up trouble among his
teammates, friends, and himself,
but he never wants to suffer the
• Moran acts off • He plays the leading role
anything that attracts in the show, represents a
person who is
him, or someone that
will give him pleasure.
• He’s the protagonist,
• He slacks and sleeps although his morals aren't
with women, usually always acceptable, the
results in him getting audience is almost
set up. always going to be on his
• Former High School Player
of the Year, Shilo was an
elite prospect out of
• He had plans to arrive at
BMS to have an illustrious
season, and career.
• He’s the most dedicated
player among the talent he
has on the team.
• He’s tied down to the point
where he can’t drink
alcohol, or flirt with other
• He acts off his • He plays a less
prominent role than
conscience. the leading character,
• He tries to do all he signifies
the right things. dedication.
• He’s a static
• But he gets character, he stays
slandered by the motivated, and takes
rest of his team. everything seriously.
• Junior Linebacker from
Connecticut, and captain of the
• His attitude is very fierce and
aggressive, but his emotion
• He enjoys picking on
underclassmen, and forces
them go through all of his
• He expects everything to go
his way, or he’ll be enraged
and feel like he has something
• His teammates dislike him for
• He acts on adrenaline, • His role is the
his character causes him malicious leader, who
to act in an extreme way.
never allows a perfect
• The outcome of his
behavior amounts to
people feeling • He’s a round
uncomfortable around character, his
him. personality makes the
• When takes his actions, audience put forth the
he expects everyone to most effort into
abide by them.
• The man behind the goat,
an unrepentant drunken
• He’s not afraid to speak
his mind, or express
himself in any kind of
• Usually the odd man out,
who doesn’t have the
benefits that the rest of
the team has.
• He’s always determined
to be in the limelight, and
has no shame in any of
• He acts off sudden • He plays a supporting
impulses, he does role, even though his
character goes through
anything he can think
various changes, but it’s
of. Sammy’s behavior apart of his characters
causes people to personality.
think he’s a nobody. • He’s a dynamic
character, each episode
he acts arbitrarily.
Coach Marty Daniels
• Coach Daniels is the
most winning coach in
• He’s very hard on his
players, and straight
forward. His style of
coaching is highly
aggressive, with little
• He has many theories
and morals for his team,
and almost always uses
sexual terms as his
Coach Marty Daniels
• His anger and • His role is the
aggression comes tough, hot-
from the acts of his tempered teacher.
• He’s a stock
• He randomly throws
fits at people.
constantly uses foul
• People are language, and petty
intimidated by his mannerisms.
• Craig Shilo’s girlfriend.
• She has big plans for herself
and her future NFL star
• She’s one of the brightest
students of BMS, and
promising girlfriends when
Craig is around.
• She operates Craig, and
blinds him with love and
potential sex, so he can play
harder, but she stays
celibate. Only to disguise her
• She tries to do • Her role is the
everything she can to devious,
make sure Craig manipulative
makes it through
college, and into the
NFL. • She is a flat
• She thinks up a plan character, she has
that will keep her a two-dimensional
together with him. personality.
Theme & Moral
The theme of this episode war, war between two
squads that are determined to be the most
dominant, and existent among the them. They
also have a theme of survival, because they
both needed survival skills to overcome
obstacles that were placed by the opposing
I believe the moral of the story is peace resolves
war, and in the act of fighting a war no really
wins because the ongoing retaliation of each
The scene where they have a
flashback of the similar conflict they
had in their present day
foreshadowed them taking the
same approach to make the same
agreement between them.
• Who created this message? The football and lacrosse
• What creative techniques are used to attract my
attention? Humor, sex appeal, sports, and drama.
• How might different people understand this message
differently? They may look it as two teams being ignorant
• What values, lifestyles and points of view are
represented in, or omitted from, this message? The
lifestyle of only the strongest survive, and the value of
being the strongest amongst your opponents.
• Why is this message being sent? This message is being
sent to show that the world is big enough to support
more than one ascendant, and that we can all coexist in
our own environment.