Alafia Lighted Boat Parade
& Chili Cook Off
Hosted by the Rotary Club of Riverview
Saturday, December 4, 2010
Boater Entry Form
Completion required to participate in this event. See additional page included for details.
$25.00 Registration Fee ****Deadline for entry Nov 30th ****
City & Zip:
Vessel name: Vessel #:
Boat Description: Length: __________________
Number of years you have participated:
I, the undersigned, intending to be legally bound, hereby for myself, my heirs, executors, and administrator, waive
and release any and all rights claims for damages I may have against the Rotary Club of Riverview or any of the
other event sponsors, or their respective officers, agents, representatives and/or successors for any and all of the
foregoing to use any photographs, video tapes, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for
any purpose whatsoever.
Please return this COMPLETED form with a $25.00 registration fee to:
The Rotary Club of Riverview
P.O. Box 2567., Riverview, FL 33568
5:00 sign in at Williams Park
Signature of Captain
Hanna, Lemar and Morris, C.P.A.’S, P.A.
Alafia River Boat Parade Rules:
1. All boats must pre-register. ONLY pre-registered boats will be eligible for judging and prizes.
Boats are allowed to be in the parade, but will not be eligible for prizes if they are not registered.
2. You will be giving your boat parade number at sign in. It is mandatory that you display the boat
number clearly for the judging on the forward port side (left side).
3. Prizes are in two categories: Vessels >23 feet = 1st Place - $750; 2nd Place - $250
Vessels ≤23 feet = 1st Place - $350; 2nd Place $150
4. All boat participants must assemble on the west side of the Highway 41 Bridge at Williams Park
at 5:30 p.m. The parade starts promptly at 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 4, 2010. While
staging the parade order, boats must stay toward the middle of the river until the balance of the
boaters are ready.
5. All vessels must remain in the same order throughout the parade. The boaters tend to zigzag
from shore to shore. Please continue to follow the boat in front of you. No stopping or passing
is allowed. If you should have motor trouble, pull over to the side and our lead boat will assist
you. All vessels must remain at idle speed and remain at least 4 boat lengths apart in line as
numbered. VHF Channel 68 will be monitored for your assistance.
6. The parade will proceed up the river (as far on the north side of the river near the Showmen’s
Club as possible) to the U.S. Hwy 301 Bridge and circle counterclockwise one time and then
proceed back to Williams Park (again as far north toward the shoreline as possible when
passing the Showmen’s Association). Those boats that can navigate closer to shore are
encouraged to come into the Showman’s Association area at the end of the parade route only.
Others are encouraged to return to the Showmen’s Club to hear the announcement of the
winners. All winners will be contacted by the Rotary Club within 24 hours of the event.
7. PLEASE DO NOT THROW ANYTHING FROM YOUR BOAT, INCLUDING CANDY.
8. No rain date has been scheduled. This is an outdoor event so please use good judgment in the
case of bad weather. No refunds will be issued for bad weather.
9. BOAT PARKING WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE SHOWMAN’S CLUB FOR ALL
10. Boats will be judged by select dignitaries of Riverview and based on creativity, theme and
overall appearance. The Rotary Club of Riverview will not participate in the judging.