COLOR CORRECTING A PHOTO
1. Open the photo you want to color correct.
2. Duplicate the original layer.
3. Open Filter>Blur>Average. This will tell what the color cast is.
4. Open Enhance>Adjust Color>Color Variations, click the ‘Decrease –whatever your
color cast is.
5. Repeat this process until the photo is void of the color that your color cast is, but not
dominant in any other color.
CREATE A GRUNGE BRUSH
1. Get a photo of really rusted metal that is dirty and scratched up.
2. Get the elliptical mask and select an oval region on the image. Copy this to the clipboard
and create a new document.
3. Copy this into Photoshop, and get the Rough Round Bristle brush. Make sure you’re
4. Erase around the edges.
5. Create a new Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and a new Levels adjustment layer.
6. Open up the Hue/Saturation adjustment layer and set the Saturation to -100.
7. Open up the Levels adjustment layer and adjustment the white input until some of the
white highlights are blown out.
8. Now go to Edit>Define Brush Preset. Name the brush and now you have your very own
METAL GRUNGE SIGNATURE – FOR PHOTOSHOP REGULAR EDITIONS-
1. Select the Gradient tool, change the colors to a gray color and a black color.
2. Drag the Gradient from the top left to the bottom right.
3. Open up Filter>Noise>Noise and change to ‘Monochromatic’ and ‘Gaussian’. Give the
noise the value of about 6%.
4. Go to Filter>Blur>Motion Blur. Give the Angle a value of 12, and the blur a value of
12 as well.
5. Crop your image because the edges of the image will be messed up.
6. Create a Curves adjustment layer and adjust it until you have high contrasts between the
dark and light areas of the metal texture.
7. Go to Render>Lighting Effects. Use the Spotlight light in order to create a lighting
8. Get some large grunge brushes, maybe some you made, or some you downloaded. Use
the Burn tool and brush on the canvas.
9. Create a new layer and then select a brush about 3 pixels. Brush the canvas to make
seams on the metal.
10. Then go to Layer Styles –Bevel and Emboss. Use the following settings:
Style: Outer Bevel
Highlight Mode: Linear Dodge 57%
Shadow Mode: Color Burn 80%
11. Get the Text tool and type what you want to appear on your signature. Right-click and
Rasterize the layer.
12. Get a grunge brush and change to the eraser and start erasing the edges of the text to
make it appear grungy.
13. Change the blending mode to Overlay.
14. You have your signature. Feel free to change the color of the metal using the
HOW TO CLONE WELL
This doesn’t really have any specific steps but different concepts and techniques.
HOW TO MASK WELL
This doesn’t really have any specific steps but introduction and teaching of different concepts