Petition to Annul Marriage with No Children or Property
IN THE (Name of Court, e.g., Family) COURT OF (County), (State)
(Name of Petitioner) PETITIONER
VS. CAUSE NO. _____________
(Name of Respondent) RESPONDENT
Petition to Annul Marriage
Comes now Petitioner, (Name of Petitioner), an adult resident citizen of the (City,
County, State), and respectfully would show unto the Court the following:
1. Petitioner is now, and has been, a resident of (Name of State) for more than (number)
years and of (Name of County) for more than (number) months.
2. A marriage license was issued on (date), by the (Name of Court) Clerk of (Name of
County), (Name of State), and pursuant to such marriage license, a marriage between Petitioner
and Respondent was solemnized by (Name of individual who officiated at wedding), who was
authorized by the laws of (Name of State) to solemnize marriages, and the certificate of such
solemnization has been recorded as required by law.
3. (State facts showing grounds for annulment.)1
4. Since Petitioner discovered (summary of the facts stated in paragraph 3), Petitioner has
not cohabited with Respondent as husband and wife.
5. No children have been born during the marriage of Petitioner and Respondent.
Laws vary by jurisdiction, so local laws should be consulted. Some of the general grounds in most states are:
The consent to marriage of one of the parties was obtained by coercion or fraud and the parties have not
cohabitated (lived together as husband and wife) after learning of the fraud;
One person misrepresented a willingness to consummate the marriage a