Borders, Shading, and Bulleted Lists
1. Go to my website mrsausmus.weebly.com. Save the “Borders and
Shading” and “Bulleted List” files to your student drive.
2. Open the file “Borders and Shading” file.
3. Click on INSERT ribbon | HEADER | Blank | Ctrl + R | Type your name | Close
Header and Footer (on the right of the ribbon)
4. Double click over your name to open the header. Select the entire header
and press Shift + F3 to make it All Caps. Double click anywhere in your
document to close the header.
5. Select paragraph 1 and go to HOME | Paragraph section | Click on the down
arrow for the border button and choose Outside Border
6. Change the font of paragraph 1 to be Bold (Ctrl + B), and Tahoma font.
7. Select paragraph 2 and go to HOME | Paragraph section | Border down arrow
| Borders and Shading. Click on the “BOX” button on the right and add a
border style of your choice. Make the border Light Green under standard
8. In paragraph 2 change the font to be Right Aligned (Ctrl + R), Red, and
Tempus Sans ITC font.
9. Select Paragraph 3 and go to Borders and Shading (see step #7 to remember
how). Add a double squiggly border around the paragraph and make the
border blue. Go to the Shading tab and add orange shading to the
10. In paragraph 3 change the font to be Justified. (Right next to the right
alignment button or Ctrl + J.) and change the font to be Italic (Ctrl + I).
11. Select paragraph 4 and apply a border of your choice. Change the font and
12. Select paragraph 5 and add a border and shading of your choice.
13. Change the font of Paragraph 5 to be Centered and a Arial font and double
space the paragraph.
14. Apply a page border to the whole page. HOME ribbon | Paragraph section |
Border button down arrow | Border & Shading | Page Border – You can
create a border or choose a border in the ART section. (Sometimes the Art
borders will cover your name in the header and that’s ok for this assignment)
15. At the end hit “Ctrl + Enter” to insert a hard page break.
16. Open the “Bulleted List” file you saved earlier from my website.
17. Select the entire Bulleted List document and copy and paste it in to your
Borders & Shading document. (Right click to copy and then right click to
paste into the document)
18. Select the line “The reasons for his popularity were obvious:” and make it
19. Select the lines under “The reasons for his popularity were obvious” (There’s
20. Use the Bullets button found on the HOME ribbon | Paragraph Section. This
will automatically change the list into a bulleted list.
21. Hit enter 3 times and type “My favorite things in life right now are:” You will
create a bulleted list of your favorite things. Once you have typed the
heading hit enter and click on the BULLETS BUTTON down arrow. Choose a
bullet they already have there for you and create a list of your favorite things
in life right now. There should be at least 5. After you type in the first item
just hit enter and it will add another bullet for you. Once you have finished
your list you can hit enter twice and it will get you out of the bulleted list.
22. Hit enter a few times to space down and type “My Favorite Halloween Candy”
and hit enter. Create a bulleted list of your favorite candy. Go to the
BULLETS BUTTON and click the down arrow. Click on DEFINE NEW BUTTON |
SYMBOL Choose a bullet symbol you like (Wingdings are really fun…just
change the font option to Wingdings.)
23. Hit enter a couple of times and create a Numbered List this time. Use the
heading My 5 Favorite People I Know Are: You will use the numbering
button next to the bullets button. It looks like the bullets button but instead
of black dots it has numbers.
24. Save this document as “Borders and Shading”
25. Email me the “Quotes for Borders and Shading” as an attachment in an
email. Subject: Borders Assignment