REPSOL MONTESA HONDA
FIM Trial World Championship
1st round. Irish Grand Prix / 1st day
Toni Bou and Takahisa Fujinami win podium positions, obtaining
the best score for Montesa in the classification by manufacturers.
Newcastle (Ireland), 04.04.2009. - Toni Bou and Takahisa Fujinami (both riding
Montesa Cota 4RT bikes) finished second and third, respectively, on the first day of the
Irish Trial Grand Prix that has started a new edition of the outdoor World Championship
this Saturday. Bou and Fujinami’s results have placed Montesa as leader in the
classification by manufacturers. The event was remarkably difficult, with very wet and
slippery areas. In the first lap, Bou was two points behind the future winner, the same
difference that kept him from the first position, which he was struggling for up to the last
moment. Fujinami finished the first lap in fifth place, but in the second round he
penalised only two points more than his teammate and achieved third position.
Toni Bou: “This isn’t a bad way to start the championship. In the first lap, which the new
rules have reduced by half an hour, making us go quite a bit faster, I felt a bit uneasy
on wet ground and Adam did better. Nevertheless, as I said, it’s a good way to begin”.
Takahisa Fujinami: “I agree with what Toni said; to finish third is not bad. In any case,
the worst thing were the points I lost in the first lap, but I did better after that and got
onto the podium with two very tough rivals. This encourages me to try harder
The second day of this Grand Prix will be held tomorrow, Sunday, with a score
independent from Saturday.
* Standing Irish G.P. / 1st day * World Championship
1. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 48 (25+2+21) 1. Adam Raga (Gas Gas) 20 points
2. Toni Bou (Montesa) 50 (28+1+21) 2. Toni Bou (Montesa) 17 “
3. Takahisa Fujinami (Montesa) 70 (45+2+23) 3. Takahisa Fujinami (Montesa) 15 “
4. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 70 (41+1+28) 4. Albert Cabestany (Sherco) 13 “
5. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 81 (38+43) 5. Jeroni Fajardo (Beta) 11 “
* Manufacturers Standing * Manufacturers Championship
Montesa 32 Montesa 32 points
Gas Gas 29 Gas Gas 29 “
Beta 21 Beta 21 “
Press anb communication office: infomotor Ph. + 34 630 056992 www.infomotor.net