**THURSDAY , 14th June 2012**
6/ 12/ 12 Ballybunnion Terrace, Glenm ore to New South Wales 2745 -‐‑ Google Maps
8.00am to 4pm All players Park meet me on Diamond 4 @ 755am
Penrith City Softball Grounds
A canteen will be operating throughout the day.
Every team is required to be in full attendance at the presentations and announcement of
the Regional teams at approximately 3.40pm.
Cancellation of the day will be notified to the Zone Secretaries on the day before, if necessary
and I will notify all parents by text if this happens.
SPECIFIC RULES AND CONDITIONS (Bold italics added by me)
1. The Championships will be conducted according to Section 5.13 of the N.S.W.P.S.S.A.
Handbook and Part c, Section 8 (e) of the S.W.P.S.S.A. Constitution.
2. Players shall wear zone uniforms.
I have the shirts for the girls
I have been informed that the shirts are to be kept as part of the district kit,
but representative shirts can still be ordered through your school if you want a
memento for your daughter. I will hand the shirts out in the mornig and collect
them again at the end of the day
I know that this is different to what I have told some parents. My apologies.
m aps.google.com.au/ m aps?q= Ballybunnion+ Terrace,+ Glenm ore+ Park+ New+ South+ Wales+ 2745&i… 1/ 1
For the remainder of the uniform, girls should wear appropriate black pants on
the day – I have 11 district pants, and there are 12 girls playing
Girls should wear their own shoats/cleats
I have been informed that theer is no district hat, so I recommend a school or
club hat for sun protection
3. Zones entering teams must send a manager and one person willing to act as plate umpire.
I have informed the convenor that we will not have an umpire and they will
4. Each team is to supply a satisfactory match ball (11 inch) for each game as well as its own
gloves, mitts, catchers protective equipment, bats, batters helmets.
Girls will bring their own gear with them. Don’t forget a glove
5. All batters, base runners and junior base coaches (under 18) must wear helmets. Catchers
are to wear helmets, face masks with throat protectors, body protectors and leggings when
receiving pitches (warm-up or otherwise.)
6. Each team must supply their own scorebook which is to have both teams names and fielding
positions in batting order.
I have this, but would appreciate a scorer volunteer for each match
7. First-mentioned team in draw to set up bases. Second-mentioned team in play-offs to take
down portable nets.
8. Match rules shall be in accordance with the official rules of the Australian Softball
a) Pitching distance shall be 35 feet (10.6m).Please note change to pitching distance for
BOYS ONLY. New distance is 12.19m (40 feet). An 18.29m diamond will be in use.
b) Period of play: 1 hour (60 minutes), or five (5) innings, whichever is first up.
9. At this carnival a seven run rule will be in effect. Once a team has scored 7 runs it shall be
10. When the hooter has sounded, the pitcher may complete the pitch if in a pitching position.
11. The first-named team will occupy first base and will call the toss.
12. Result cards must be completed and signed by the umpire at the end of each game, then
handed to the Regional Convener.
13. Points will be allocated: WIN 3
14. The Championships will be organised as a two pool system. The two winning teams from
each pool will contest the final. Teams finishing on equal points will be determined on
percentages. That is, runs for and runs against x 100.
15. Each team will play all other teams in their pool. Cross pool games are friendly only and
will be scored as a bye in respective pools.
16. The Carnival manager and umpire-in-chief will adjudicate all disputes on the spot. Their
decision will be final.
No parent should approach an official with a complaint. Any issues must go
17. No dispute against an umpire will be entertained.
18. On-field coaching positions may only be filled by teachers. Accompanying parents are not
permitted to carry out this function.
Go crazy from the side line/dugouts
Sydney West Girls Softball Draw 2012
Girls Pool A Girls Pool B
1) Blacktown 7) Mt Druitt
2) Penrith / Blue Mountains 8) St Marys
3) Castle Hill 9) Ridges
4) Wentworthville / Seven Hills 10) Merrylands / Parramatta
5) Auburn 11) Hawkesbury
6) Bye 12) Bye
7.30am Grounds open for warm ups
8.00am Team managers all teachers must be in attendance
8.20am – 9.20am Round 1
Diamond 4 B St Marys v Hawkesbury
9.30am – 10.30am Round 2
10.40 – 11.40am Round 3
Diamond 4 B Mt Druitt v Hawkesbury
12.10 to 1.10pm Round 3
Diamond 8 B Merrylands / Parramatta v Hawkesbury
1.20 to 2.20pm Round 4
Diamond 8 B Hawkesbury v Ridges
2.30 t0 3.30pm Final Positions and Play offs
Diamond Position Game Result
2 1st / 2nd 1st in Pool A v 1st in Pool B
4 3rd / 4th 2nd in Pool A v 2nd in Pool B
6 5th / 6th 3rd in Pool A v 3rd in Pool B
8 7th / 8th 4th in Pool A v 4th in Pool B
10 9th / 10th 5th in Pool A v 5th in Pool B
3.40pm Presentation and Announcement of Sydney West Team (Diamond 1)