By Drew Davis
• I am doing a report on the big man. He is
the one you have known for ages. His
• Abe Lincoln was assassinated on Good
Friday. He died the next day. A general
and his wife went to see a play with the
Lincolns. The security went downstairs to
see the play when John Wilkes Booth
struck. He jumped onto the stage yelling…
Sic simper AAAAAAAAAGY/
Back then they had little armies to protect the towns.
You got to elect the captain. And guess who they
elected… The war was called the Blackhawk War. It was
against the Settlers and the Native Americans.
Confederate States of America
• The United States had a big problem with
slavery. One day the South comes trotting
along saying I’m going to secede. The
North answered with this expression,
• Abe Lincoln was President at this time.
Picture by http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/341682/Abraham-Lincoln
• Abe Lincoln died on
Good Friday. He was
taken to the White
House on Easter.
• Abe Lincoln Issued a Proclamation called
the Emancipation Proclamation. It freed all
the slaves in the Confederate States of
America still at war with the U.S.
Click here to see it.
• He had many flaws when he was running
for President and the House of
Representatives. He didn’t make the
House of Representatives the first time.
He wasn’t perfect.
• He was
killed by a
• After he married Mary he was as happy as
someone who just won the lottery. He had
4 children. He was happy as a bee on a
honey stick. He loved all of his family.
• Abe Lincoln moved to Illinois after New
Salem. This is where he is buried and he
met his wife here.
• John Wilkes Booth was Lincoln’s
murderer. He shot him in the back of the
head. People also found out he had a
handheld knife if he failed his first try. He
jump on to the stage and pushed the
security out of the way and escaped on a
• He was born in Hodgenville, Kentucky. He
described his childhood as hard and cruel.
He said his father Thomas was very cruel
• Abe Lincoln was a leader. He lead the
Union to victory in the Civil War. The
South was mad when they lost. That’s
when John Wilkes Booth struck.
• He married a girl named Mary Todd. He
delayed the marriage for a year. His
friends thought he was going to take his
own life, because of his depression.
• He moved to New Salem when he was 21.
He had to work for his father under law
until he was 21. He moved from a log
cabin to a log cabin town. New Salem had
only 100 people!!!
• He thought he was ugly. Others thought
he was odd. He thought he was so ugly
his friends thought he was going to take
his own life
• After he moved to New Salem he became
interested in politics. He got so interested
he ran for the Illinois House of
• When he lived in the log cabin, he was
very quiet. You would see him in trees
reading books and telling people to shush.
People would say he was a very quiet
• Robert was the only child of the Lincolns
that survived to adulthood. He was at
college when Tad and William died.
• Abe Lincoln hated slavery. He hated it so
much he ran for President to stop it. He
succeeded five days before he died.
• After William died, Tad was the main
focus in the White House. Robert and Tad
were Lincoln’s only living sons at the time.
• Abe Lincoln held the Union together
during the Civil War. People thought he
was a tyrant. He wasn’t. He had a Cabinet,
a Judicial system, legislative, and an
• V in Roman Numerals is 5. Lincoln’s
face is on the five dollar bill. Only the
most famous people go on our money.
• William was his son, He died about 1-2
years before Tad. William and Tad were
the first children to live in the White House.
• X is ten in Roman Numerals. People
would say he is 10% sure about stuff. He
wasn’t very sure about addressing the
Emancipation Proclamation. He asked his
cabinet to review it over a 100 times
before showing it.
• When he was young he would work hour
after hour. They called him Lincoln the rail
splitter. People thought he was tough and
• John Wilkes booth was a zealot. That
means he had only one goal. That goal
was to kill Abraham Lincoln.
• I hope you learned a lot about him. I know
I did. Play the music and read the rest.
Lincoln was one of the best Presidents of
the United States.
Abe Lincoln Game
• Here’s how it works.
• You will see Abe and John Wilkes Booth.
• John is trying to kill Lincoln. You stop him.
You let him get
away. How could
you?!?!? Now the
President is dead.