The following sample Cover letter and CV are not meant to be rigidly followed. However they
serve as useful guides as to vital elements and important details that should be included in an
application for a job vacancy
SAMPLE OF AN EFFECTIVE COVER LETTER
SAMPLE OF AN EFFECTIVE RESUME
JOHN B. DOYLE
9142 W. 92nd Avenue | Westminster, Colorado 80021
H: 303-420-1515 | W: 303-231-1515 | firstname.lastname@example.org
October 13, 20—
Attn: HR — Purchasing
10831 SW Cascade Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97223
Dear Human Resources Manager:
I am responding to your October 9th advertisement in The Wall Street Journal for Purchasing
Manager. The following comments show how my qualifications match your stated requirements:
YOUR REQUIREMENTS MY QUALIFICATIONS
1. Electronics and mechanical Ten years in all phases of electro-
purchasing background. mechanical assembly, five plus years
as purchasing manager.
2. Experience and knowledge of Familiarity with ISO 9000 Series and
international business and the FDA's Good Manufacturing
purchasing standards. Practices.
3. Experience developing world class Developed many systems to meet
supplier relationships to achieve requirements for world class
cost delivery and service including manufacturing in addition to several
implementing JIT and direct to line supplier programs for JIT.
4. Strong communication skills, Worked on all major contracts over
including negotiation skills. a five year period resulting in 2-5%
5. Strong management skills and the Excellent leadership abilities and
ability to develop a purchasing team. believe in employee participation
6. Must be customer service and team Total focus for PIC and Purchasing
oriented. was to satisfy the Customer.
Please contact me to talk further about this exciting opportunity.
John B. Doyle