Directions: Answer following questions
by yourself. Then we will group
together by elementary schools.
All about your ELEMENTARY EXPERIENCES
• 1. Who were your favorite teachers? Why?
• 2. What were your favorite experiences of that
• 3. Who were your friends? Are most of them still
• 4. What places in Lancaster did you go as a kid to
• 5. What were your school colors?
JOHN A. SCIOLE
Common Experiences and Ties:
Larger Picture- Nationalism
Central Como Park Court St. Sciole Hillview
Elementary schools represent city-states. These Lancaster
students share common history and background different and
unique from any other school district.
Lancaster students unite in the middle school and high school to
create one school. It brings all of the common history and
background together to compete against other school districts.
Nationalists of these city-states want to unite or unify their
people to become one whole nation rather than independent
city-states because of the common culture and history.
Nationalism Attracts & Divides
culture Lack of leaders