SKELETAL, MUSCLE, and INTEGUMENTARY SYSTEMS
1. The skeletal system does what?
2. Bone cells are called
3. What connective tissue holds bone to bone?
4. What are the parts of the appendicular skeleton
5. Tendons and ligaments are attached to bone at the
6. The process of bone formation is called
7. What gives strength to bones without adding much weight?
8. Cartilage in the joints has the function of eliminating friction and
9. Your skeleton accounts for approximately what percentage of your body weight?
10. Haversian canals in bones are channels that
11. Where do you find cartilage in an adult human?
12. How do you know that bone is made up of living tissue?
13. What type of joint is found in the knee?
14. What disease results in the loss of calcium from the skeleton and weakening of bones?
15. Where would you find an immovable or fixed joint?
16. What type of joint found is in your shoulder?
17. Where will you find a gliding joint?
18. Which joint is capable of the most movement?
19. Which joint only moves in one direction?
Where are these bones found
Radius, Patella, Sternum, Humerous, Tibia, Clavicle, Scapula, Femur, Radius, Ulna,
27. What does a flexor do?
28. What does a tendon do?
29. What does an extensor do?
30. When a muscle is contracted, what happens to the antagonistic muscle?
32. The muscles of the digestive tract are what kind of muscle?
33. Muscle cells that contract involuntarily, that is, without you thinking about it, are found in
34. Your heart is what kind of muscle?
35. The sliding filament theory is used to explain the
36. The degree to which a muscle contracts depends upon the
37. Skeletal muscle is made up of long thin cells called muscle fibers. Fibers, in turn, are
made up of fine threads called
38. Actin and myosin are what?
39. Antagonistic muscle pairs work
40. Muscles can account for approximately what percentage of your body weight?
41. What connective tissue holds muscle to bone?
42. If a muscle is not used, it gets smaller and is said to have
43. You sit on what muscle group?
44. The muscles of the front thigh are collectively known as the
45. The antagonistic muscle opposite the bicep is the
46. The most important function of the skin is?
47. The top two layers of skin are the?
48. The epidermis is made up of what?
49. What are three functions of the skin
50. What are the parts of the integumentary system?