1. However a bomb threat is received (telephone, written, verbal, etc.), it must be taken seriously.
2. The recipient of the threat should attempt to obtain as much information as possible from the
IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE PERPETRATOR ON THE PHONE AS LONG AS
3. It is suggested that each school consider installation of a caller ID device.
4. The principal or designee will immediately notify law enforcement.
5. Evacuation will be accomplished as calmly as possible without notifying the student body as to the
reason. Typically, fire evacuation procedures should be utilized.
6. Teachers are responsible for taking roll/grade books from the building during the evacuation and
reporting missing students to administration.
7. Searches for unaccounted students will be under control of the principal/law enforcement.
8. The principal/designee will obtain a safe building declaration from law enforcement. Faculty, staff
and students will not return to the building until cleared by the principal/designee.
9. The principal/designee will notify the superintendent by telephone at the earliest possible time
during the emergency.
10. Bomb Threat Data Card on reverse.