Fill the following blanks
• 1.The useful impurity elements in carbon
steel are ( ), the harmful elements are
• 2.The common heat treatments of steel
are ( ),( ), ( ).
• 3.The pressure vessels are classified as
( )( )( )( )( )according to
the grades of pressure.
4.For iron based steel ,the yielding stressσs
is getting ( ), and the elastic modulus
E is getting ( ) when the temperature
is becoming higher.
5. The value of Poison’s ratio of steel () is
6. The mechanical properties of metal
materials are ( ) ,( ), ( ) and
7Usual failure forms are respectively
( ) for an internal pressure
vessel,( ) for an external pressure
vessel,and ( ) for a flanged joint.
• The impurity elements S,P may make
respectively carbon steel ( )
brittleness, ( ) brittleness.
• Plastics is the ability of deformation
without ( ) when a force act on the
• The strength properties of a material, such
as ( ), ( ), and the
plasticity properties,such as ( ) ,( ),
have significant influences on its selection
for a given application.
• The material of 0Cr13 is ( ) steel, its
contents of carbon is ( ).
• Selecting materials mainly depends on
four kinds of mechanical properties .They
( ) ,( ),( ),and
Explain the meanings of each
1Cr18Ni9Ti Stainless 1—0.1%(C),18—18%(Cr),
Answer following question
• How to make a steel stick softer?
• Give two methods to decrease the
thermal tresses in fixed-tubesheet heat
• Write a typical steel’s Number according
following requirement and point out the
meaning of each number and alphabet.
high carbon steel
medium carbon steel
low carbon steel
common carbon steel
high grade steel
super high grade steel
full killed steel
pressure vessel steel
high silicon cast iron
grey cast iron
spherical graphite cast iron
Chromium Stainless Steel
Chromium-nickel Stainless Steel
Low alloy steel
high temperature steel
low temperature steel