• how to resize images?
• Artist use scale drawing to make pictures
larger and smaller
• A scale drawing is a drawing that
represents a real object. The scale of the
drawing is the ratio of the size of the
drawing to the actual size of the object.
• So scale drawing is simply drawing
something larger or smaller than it actually
is. For example, Architects and map
makers (cartographers) use scale
drawings to draw maps.
• Scaling –is a ratio and a ratio is a
comparison between two numbers. A
mathematical technique for representing
depth and distance by enlarging or
reducing objects represented in a drawing.
• A proportion is an equivalent relation
between two ratios.
Major Concept – Scale/Scale
• The ratio of an image
size in a picture to the
actual size of the 1
• Ratio or fraction
• The length of a stadium is 100 yards and
its width is 75 yards. If 1 inch represents
25 yards, what would be the dimensions of
the stadium drawn on a sheet of paper?
• Anyone can be an artist!