Excel Section One
Your Name Note:
IS 101 Section Make sure your last name is at the beginning of the file name
Email Mail completed Knowledge Check to firstname.lastname@example.org
8/10/2012 12:48 PM
1. This area contains commands and features
for performing actions divided into tabs and
2. This area displays the formula stored within
the cell (not the result).
3. The cell pointer changes to this when
pointing at the small black square at the
bottom right corner of the active cell.
4. This would be the formula entry to divide the
contents of cell C6 by the contents in cell C12.
5. This is the term for the method used to
create a formula by typing the equals sign
and operator symbols while clicking
reference cells between the typed symbols.
6. This term is used to refer to the values
identified within parentheses in the SUM
7. The SUM function button is located in this
group in the Home tab.
8. Do this action if Excel suggests the wrong
range after clicking the Sum button.
9. This button appears after copied cells are
pasted into the destination range.
10. This is the term for the formulas entered
beside or below a worksheet that are
designed to verify the worksheet’s accuracy.
11. This format adds a dollar sign, a comma in
the thousands place, and two decimal places
to each value in the selected range.
12. Click the Sort & Filter button in the Editing
group in the Home tab and then click this
option at the drop-down list to display the
Sort dialog box.
13. This keyboard shortcut will open the Excel
Help window when pointing to a button.
14. Display the active worksheet in Print Preview
by clicking the Office button, pointing to this
option, and then clicking Print Preview.
15. Open this dialog box to type a cell reference
to which you want to move the active cell.
1 IS101 | Document1