Guess What’s Behind the Box
• The ____ is the first cycle of the butterfly life
• Females lay their eggs on or near plants that
will later serve as _____ food.
• The ____ hatches from the egg.
• Every butterfly goes through four stages in
life. This is called ______.
• When a caterpillar has finished growing it
forms a ____.
• Butterfly eggs are very ____ and _____.
• Inside the Pupa everything about the
caterpillar is ____.
• Many of the butterfly eggs have ____ or other
• Food gives caterpillars what?
• Butterfly and moth larvae are called?
• Another name for a caterpillar shedding its skin
• From the outside the pupa looks as if its ____?
• Butterflies do all of their growing when they’re?
• A Caterpillar shed its?
• A caterpillar _________ can’t stretch or grow.
• Caterpillars spend most of their time?
• When the Pupa has finished changing, it molts
one last time and emerges as an ____ butterfly.
• An adult butterfly emerges with its _____
folded up against its body.
• The butterfly pumps ____ to make the wings
• The adult stage is when butterflies ____.
• The second stage in the butterfly life cycle is?
• Each stage of the butterfly ____ ____ is very
different from the next.
• What stage does the butterfly finally emerge
as an adult?
• Butterfly pupae are called?
You soared right through