I. GENERAL LIBRARY REGULATIONS
Upon entering the Library, the researchers are required to register in the
Library Log Sheet
Researchers will be allowed to bring their writing materials and other
valuable belongings (i.e. wallets, cellular phones, etc.). The Library is not
responsible for any loss of personal belongings.
Researchers should wear their visitor’s ID at all times.
Due to limited space and services, the Library personnel controls the
number of researchers that will be accommodated in the Library.
*Note: Only three (3) persons can be accommodated.
Silence should be strictly observed. Cellular phones should be put on
silence mode while inside the library.
Researchers should ask the assistance of the Library personnel before
getting access to any of the Library materials and facilities.
The use of computer terminals will be limited to one (1) person at a time.
A user must log first before using the computer.
Internet searching will be purely limited for research purposes. The
Library personnel have the option to prompt a researcher violating the
policy on the use of computers especially on Internet searching.
Laptops may be allowed inside the Library, provided its battery is fully
charged / or an amount will be charged if a user opted to plug in.
Researchers must always maintain cleanliness and orderliness in the
area. Proper decorum must be observed at all times. The Library
personnel have the right to request a researcher to leave the premises
upon violation of any of the Library rules.
Defacement or mutilation of Library materials, furniture or equipment is
strictly prohibited. Researchers proven liable for these acts due to
negligence shall be required to pay for the actual value of the materials
and face the proper sanction.
Before leaving the Library, all materials to be taken out should be
presented to the Library personnel for inspection.
II. LIBRARY LOAN RULES
A. GENERAL RULES
1. Researchers should ask for assistance from authorized Library
personnel before getting any material from the collection.
2. All Library materials are for room use only*, but some materials
may be reproduced upon the permission of the authorized Library
*Note: This rule applies for outside researchers only
3. A library material maybe checked out from the library only after the
borrowing/loan has been recorded Loan Card duly countersigned by
the authorized MPG Library personnel. Unauthorized removal of
Library materials is not allowed.
4. All borrowed library materials are subject for recall. A material that
has been recalled should be returned immediately.
5. Borrowers with overdue Library materials will not be allowed to
borrow any material unless their accountabilities are settled.
6. Borrowers shall be held responsible for any materials borrowed from
the Library. Borrowed materials should be returned on its original
condition. Any loss or damage of Library materials shall be reported
immediately to the authorized MPG Library personnel.
7. A borrower who has been proven liable for any loss or damage of
Library materials due to negligence shall be required either to pay
for the actual value of the said material or replace the lost or
damaged materials by providing an exact copy.
8. The Librarian is directed to enforce these rules. Violators of the loan
rules, on the first instance, shall be given a verbal reprimand and
shall not be allowed to borrow for one month. A borrower who
incurs the same violation twice shall be given a written warning and
shall be prohibited from borrowing materials for three months.
B. MPG EMPLOYEES
1. MPG employees shall be issued a Library Account Number.
2. The Library Account Number shall be valid for the duration of the
employee’s service with MPG.
3. An employee could borrow a maximum of five (5) library materials
(or more if indeed necessary) regardless of its format for use in their
respective departments. All borrowing transactions will be recorded
and by the authorized Library personnel.
4. Borrowing of Newly acquired magazines (MPG, Competitive, Foreign)
will follow these procedures:
a. Local Competitive magazines. Primary users will be given
priority (e.g. Advertising, Editorial, Marketing] are allowed to
borrow the materials for 2 days. Other employees will be allowed
to borrow these materials for overnight use only.
b. Foreign Magazines. Primary users will be given a maximum of 1
Week to review the materials. Other Editorial Departments will
be given priority and could borrow it for 2 days. Regular
employees could borrow it for overnight use only.
c. Employees will be allowed to borrow a new MPG published
magazine for 2 days
5. An employee could borrow books and past issues of magazines
(MPG, Competitive and Foreign) for 1 week.
6. Local newspapers are “for room use only” unless requested or
indeed necessary to check it out.
7. Electronic Resources like CDs/DVDs will be loaned for a maximum
8. Borrowing and returning time would be from 9 am to 6 pm. An
employee should secure that every transaction
(borrowing/returning) is recorded for clearance purposes.
9. An employee should inform the Library personnel in cases of
extended usage of the materials. Loan duration will be based on the
demand for a particular library material.
10. All borrowed library materials are subject for recall. A material that
has been recalled should be returned immediately.
11. Failure to return recalled library materials based on the loan
duration table would prohibits borrowing of other library materials
unless an employee returns the recalled material.
12. Under no circumstance can a material be brought and reproduced
outside the MPG premises.
C. OUTSIDE RESEARCHERS
1. An outside researcher will be allowed to borrow library materials
upon securing the necessary requirements before and entering the
library. Library materials can be borrowed from Monday to Friday,
9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. These materials
are ‘for room use only’ and permission from the authorized Library
personnel should be secured if a researcher would like to have it
2. MPG publications will not be available for reproduction. However,
reproduction will be permitted after verification has been made on
the availability of a particular MPG Publication.
3. Reproduction of library materials shall be limited and controlled by
the Library personnel based on the number of materials to be
4. A researcher should fill up a Reproduction Request Form (RRF) or
Library Form No. 5, 2009 before any reproduction processes. Upon
completion and after the documents has been readied, he/she
should pay the amount corresponding to the number of pages
reproduced and properly return the materials to the Library
personnel for recording and checking. The Library personnel will
then verify the receipt and the documents returned. See Library
Procedures for the details.
5. A researcher could also avail of data/images through purchase. Soft
copies maybe saved on CD, Floppy Disk, Flash Disk (USB) or even
sent through e-mail. He/she should secure and fill up an Image
Purchase Form (IPF) or Library Form No. 6, 2009 from the Library
Personnel. A corresponding price will be charged for a particular
type of image/photo. Refer to Library Procedures for details.
III. FINES AND PENALTIES
1. Violators of the rules and regulations of the MPG Library are subject
to verbal reprimand and immediate expulsion from the Library.
Researchers who incur the same violation twice shall be prohibited
from entering and using the Library facilities for one month.
2. A borrower who has been proven liable for any loss or damage of
Library materials due to negligence shall be required either to pay for
the actual value of the said material or replace the lost or damaged
materials by providing its exact copy.
3. Defacement or mutilation of Library materials, furniture or
equipment is strictly prohibited. Researchers who will be proven
liable for these acts due to negligence shall be required to pay for the
actual value of the materials aside from the proper sanction.
4. Violators of the loan rules, on the first instance, shall be given a
verbal reprimand and shall not be allowed to borrow for one month.
A borrower who incurs the same violation twice shall be given a
written warning and shall be prohibited from borrowing materials for
5. Employees who failed to return recalled library materials based on
the loan duration table would be prohibited from borrowing other
library materials unless he/she returns the recalled material.
Prepared by :
Mark F. Moraña
Noted by :
Ms. CK Dela Cruz
Group Publisher and Head Of Marketing
Approved by :
Sari V. Yap