Job Title Project Manager
Location Ashmore House,4 School Road, Bulkington,
Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 9JB
Responsible to Chief Officer & Board of Management
Hours: 30 hours per week
Pay: £27,588 (£22,674 pro rata)
PURPOSE OF POST
The purpose of the post is to motivate and encourage
participants from a cross-section throughout the Borough to
address the need within their community. The post holder will
be instrumental in developing and initiating projects that will
increase the opportunity for engagement from hard-to-reach
and socially disengaged groups within the community.
Support the Development of and line manage projects within
the Connecting Communities overall project, ensuring the
delivery of project VCNB objectives. Assist in the delivery of
Connecting Communities, liaison with appropriate specialist
agencies. Assist in the planning and development of new
projects ensuring that they complement existing projects.
1. Assist in the development of community projects throughout
the Borough of Nuneaton & Bedworth.
2. Line manage Connecting Communities projects and project
officer in line with VCNB policy and procedures.
3. Ensure all project officers’ facilitation of group work is
delivered to VCNB standards and meet the participants’
4. Ensure all projects meet objectives and targets and are
5. Ensure agreed evaluation is carried out on Connecting
Community projects and that reports are completed within
6. Liaise and attend meetings as agreed by the Chief Officer.
7. When appropriate and agreed by the Chief Officer, facilitate
community based group work.
9. Network and attend meetings with relevant statutory and
voluntary organisations throughout the Borough who have
an interest in the overall project.
1. Undertake any other duties as required by the Volunteer
2. Liaise with press and campaign team to deal with relevant
3. Contribute to the overall development of work in VCNB.
5. Ensure that the equal opportunities policy is reflected in all
aspects of the work.
6. To be available to work unsocial hours with some travel.
Setting up, developing and
Setting up new groups and
Partnership development with a fundraising
variety of voluntary, statutory bids
and community groups.
Staff management and good Core work of
practice implementation. Volunteer Centres
The Borough of
Excellent interpersonal skills. Information
Ability to motivate others while
taking the lead.
Ability to plan and manage work
load and work to performance
Excellent verbal and written
communication skills, including
producing relevant information
Competent in use of Microsoft
Ability to travel effectively. Clean driving
Able to work flexible hours
including occasional evenings
Self-motivated and able to work
on own initiative.