POST TITLE: Customer Service Adviser
WORK ARRANGEMENTS: 37 hours per week/52 weeks per year
DEPARTMENT: Customer Services
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Customer Service Adviser
JOB PURPOSE To provide a professional and high quality customer service
to internal and external customers.
To provide a range of professional, first level information and
advice to potential and existing customers, referring to
specialists where appropriate.
To ensure effective and efficient Customer Service is provided
at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To undertake reception duties in a professional and courteous manner and ensure the area is
kept clean and tidy at all times
2. To liaise with internal departments to ensure prior knowledge of visitors. Ensuring external
customers are issued with visitor badges and appropriate information on arrival
3. To process enrolments and take payments where applicable
4. To act as a point of contact between college departments and the Estates/Security Team
Telephony, post, communications and stationery
1. To operate the switchboard and enquiry line ensuring all calls are answered in a polite and
professional manner maintaining high levels of customer service at all times.
2. To monitor and maintain the enquiry system ensuring information on the database is accurate and
3. Operate an efficient and effective internal and external postal service by:
a. Ensuring outgoing mail is prepared for dispatch in a timely and cost effective manner.
b. Receiving and logging deliveries and liaising with security, estates and other
colleagues to ensure prompt delivery of incoming mail to recipients.
c. Distributing mail to college staff in an effective and timely manner.
4. Distribute stationery to Support Teams as required and monitoring internal recharges for these
1. To accurately and efficiently process applications and enrolments, in line with college policy and
2. To be proactive, take responsibility for and resolve problems in a timely manner if forms are
incorrect or incomplete.
3. To prepare enquiry and application statistics and reports when required by CLT members. To log
all college applications onto the database within the specified time period and to forward
application forms to the relevant member of curriculum support.
4. To provide information on the progress of applications to applicants.
5. To refer potential applicants to appropriate staff for in depth exploration of course and appropriate
1. To respond to internal and external customer requests in a pro active manner.
2. To work in line with the weekly (Monday - Sunday) staff rota’s produced by the Senior Customer
Service Adviser, which will include early starts and late finishes as part of that rota system
3. To liaise with academic colleagues and marketing to ensure information provided to customers is
accurate and up to date.
4. To maintain a range of administrative systems and records relating to college customers.
5. To assist with marketing and promotional needs when required including enrolment days and
6. To continually develop personal skills and knowledge to ensure high levels of customer service.
7. To report any issues relating to the Customer Service function to the Customer Team Leader.
1. To work as a member of the Customer Services Team, undertaking any additional duties
commensurate with the grade of the post that may be required in addition to those already stipulated.
2. To comply with all aspects of the Data Protection Act.
3. To apply the college’s own safeguarding policy and practices and attend training as requested.
4. To support and contribute to the implementation of Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety
5. To take responsibility for one’s own professional development and continually update as
6. To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the grading
and level of responsibility of the job.