Chem 100 Name___________________
To replace class 6/24/10
1. Complete the following calculations. Use the proper number of significant digits.
a) Determine the density of an object that has a mass of 34.55 g and a volume of 12.443
b) Determine the volume of a room that has the following dimensions. Height of 2.2 x
101 m; length of 3.44 x 101 m; width of 1.3 x 101 m.
c) What is the mass of a block of gold that has a density of 19.32 g/cm3 and a volume of
2. Convert your answer to 1(a) from g/mL to g/L.
3. Convert your answer to 1(b) from m3 to cm3.
4. Convert your answer to 1(c) from g to oz.
5. If the current price of gold is about $300.00 per oz, what is the value of the block?
6. 500.00 oF is what Kelvin temperature?
7. You have been given 323.55 g of benzene. It has a density of 0.9879 g/mL. What
volume of benzene do you have?
8. Will this fit into a 350.00 mL container?
9. How many atoms of each type are in the following
b. 8 molecules of caffeine, C8H10N4O2
10. What percentage of the total atoms of one caffeine molecule is carbon in caffeine?