Graduate Theses and Dissertations in Biomedical Engineering
1. Terala, Deepti, Micro/nano-fabrication of cell culture scaffolds integrated with fluo-
rescent sensors, 2004.
2. Hoven, Daniel Edward, Techniques for assessing the characteristics and severity
of tremor by analyzing hand motion, 2004.
3. Sharma, Gyanesh, Design and synthesis of genes encoding designed polypeptides
for the nanofabrication of hemocompatible artificial cells, 2003.
4. Pargaonkar, Nikhil, Disulfide bond stabilization of multilayer thin films, 2003.
5. Sah, Sachin, Platelet function assessment in protein coated microchannels, 2003.
6. Glawe, John Dana, Alignment of rat aortic smooth muscle cells by high aspect ratio
microfabricated elastomeric microchannel cell culture scaffolds, 2003.
7. Roussel, Thomas J., Jr, Computer simulation and performance evaluation of a
microfabricated capillary electrophoresis device with intergrated electrochemical de-
8. Barnidge, Michael, Jr, Nanoengineered fiber-optic chemical imaging probes: Fabri-
cation of pH imaging sensors using electrostatic layer-by-layer assembly approach-
9. Dai, Kun, DNA-templated metallic nanowire fabrication, 2003.
10. Shenoy, Urvi Gururaj, Design and fabrication of a micromachined fabry-perot inter-
ferometer and integrated fluidic microcuvette for bio/chemical spectroscopy, 2002.
11. Jayant, Sant Himanshu, Improved scaling models for field flow fractionation system
and charactereization of m-EFFF system, 2002.
12. Li, Mengyan, Micro-and nano-fabricated substrates for directing smooth muscle cell
13. Kantak, Ameya Sudhir, Preliminary design of the microfluidic platelet function ana-
14. Lu, Xiaoyu, Biodegradable and injectable microbeads made with electrostatic
15. Kadirvelu, Ushapriya, Comparison of low flow and normal flow under pulsatile con-
ditions inside a vascular graft model, 2001.
16. Gururaj, Manjula, Image co-registration of pet and mri images using principal axes
17. Wu, Jingyi, Platelet adhesion in end-to-side anastomotic models, 2000.
18. Krishnamurthy, Kirankumar, Simulation and analysis of multiple Doppler ultra-
sound receivers, 2000.
19. Sankhe, Ketan Rajanikant, Effect of offset on the hemodynamics in end-to-side
20. Furlong, Cynthia Dickey, The design, modeling, and fabrication of a miniaturized 3-
D electrophoretic device, 1999.
21. Ganapathy, Ramanathan, Analysis of surface electromyograms under fatiguing and
non-fatiguing conditions for keyboard users, 1999.
22. Hunter, John Robert, The measurement of stress shielding and the relative rigidity
mismatch within the femur-prosthesis union of total hip replacement, 1999.
23. Walker, Glenn M, Qualitative R-wave detection in fuzzy logic, 1999.
24. Abdelqader, Marwan, A comparison and contrast of the diffusive transport delay
model of the longitudinal sarcoplasmic reticulum and time delay model, 1998.
25. Li, Ching-Hung, Fabrication and evaluation of miniaturized acoustic lenses for high
frequency ultrasound applications, 1998.
26. Li, Qun, Ultrasound beam profile simulation and optimization for high frequency lin-
ear-array transducers with polygon-shaped elements, 1997.
27. Pagadala, Rajesh, An adaptive cognitive orthosis shell for task guidance, 1997.
28. Tang, Hui, Feasibility of a microfabricated haptic display for the visually impaired,
29. Huang, Jen-chieh, Electrocardiogram analysis using qualitative simulation and
fuzzy set theory, 1996.
30. Wang, Lin, Feasibility study of bovine embryo microlabeling, 1996.
31. Welch, Eric, Feasibility of using piezoelectric film to detect contractile force of adult
rat cardiac myocytes, 1996.
32. Costea, Adrian Cosmin, Finite element modeling of a fiber optic based silicon tac-
tile shear sensor, 1996.
33. Coe, Michael Sean, Monitoring system for the detection of changes in localized
pressures in a below-knee amputee over time, 1996.
34. Tan, Qian, Model-based reasoning system for respiratory weaning process man-
35. Ashroff, Shafeek, Effect of crystallinity on the stability of hydroxyapatite coating on
titanium implants after cyclic fatique loading, 1996.
36. Ravindranath, Prabodh, Composites of hydroxylapatite with bioresorbable or wa-
ter-soluble polymer as a synthetic bone graft, 1995.
37. Shi, Joanna Q, Automobile portable hand control system assessment, 1995.
38. Sinkar, Milind R, Modeling of orientation of skeletal muscle in cardiomyoplasty,
39. Bauer, Todd, Recessed-tip antimony pH microelectrodes : the effects of the re-
cessed tip on POb2s sensitivity, 1995.
40. Krishnan, Ashok, Intravascular microbubble blood oxygenator : principles and limi-
41. Chen, Jinhua, Measurement system for acoustic startle responses in rats, 1994.
42. Vishwatheja, T. R, Functional assessment of disabled persons for driving, 1994.
43. Felton-Bridges, Juanita, The relationship of selected factors and clinical outcomes
indicative of dietary compliance of veteran patients with initial myocardial infarction,
44. Jayaram, Gowtham, Experiments in dysarthric speech recognition using artifical
neural networks, 1994.
45. Chellaton, Ramesh, Fuzzy controller for a mechanical ventilator, 1993.
46. Narayan, Shrivatsa, A computerized cognitive orthosis shell for persons with cogni-
tive deficits, 1993.
47. Kota, Raghu, Isolated word deaf speech recognition using time-delay networks,
48. Kiani, Mohammad F, Oxygen sensitivity of the antimony PH microelectrode, 1987.
49. Mao, Leei, Long term dermatological effects of electrocutaneous stimulation, 1982.
50. Witte, James N, Experimental and mathematical studies of the fetal brain's re-
sponse to short term asphyxia, 1982.
51. Simmons, David Warren, Computerized continuous blood gas monitoring system
for hospital nurseries, 1977.