Ms. Hyde’s E6 Peer Evaluation and Feedback Rubric
Peer Evaluation and Feedback on Harlem Tour
Editing: Based on each of the following questions, review the critical analysis essay and rank the
requirements. Check the if the writer meets the requirement, check the if you are not sure
if he/she meets the requirement, and check the if he/she did not meet the requirement.
1. Title is creative, sparks interest and is related to the topic
2. The introduction is inviting, states the main topic, previews the structure of
the paper, and includes a well-written, clever lead that is related to the essay’s
topic which attracts the reader’s attention.
3. There is one clear, well-focused topic. Main idea stands out and is supported
by detailed information. Well-written topic sentences are used in each 5-7
4. Several relevant, telling, quality details give the reader important
information that allow the reader to picture, smell, feel, hear or imagine tasting
things described on Harlem tour.
5. The writer seems to be writing from knowledge or experience. The author
has taken the ideas and made them "his/her own."
6. All sentences are well-constructed without using repetitive ideas throughout
7. Details and transition words and phrases are placed in a logical order and
the way they are presented effectively keeps the interest of the reader.
8. The conclusion is strong and leaves the reader with a feeling that he/she
understands the writer’s point of view on Harlem and Renaissance
9. The writer included an image of her/his visit to Harlem
Revising Suggestions: Record at least two things you would change if this was your paper.
Self-Evaluation: Based on my Peer’s Editing and Advice: