Professional Development Request Procedure
1. Fill out a Professional Development Request Form completely—including
lodging (if necessary), mileage (which will not be paid until your return from
the trip), and any registration fees. Have your administrator sign the form.
2. You must complete separate purchase requisitions covering lodging and
registration fees. (I know it sounds cumbersome, but a separate form
for each item is necessary for accounting purposes—especially when
the checks have to go to different places.) At the bottom of each
requisition, be sure to include to whom the check should be made.
3. Attach the purchase requisitions to your PD form and give them to your
building rep. to bring to the next PD meeting (the LAST Tuesday of the
month) or email to your building principal for approval.
4. Make sure all information is complete on all forms before you submit them to
the PD Committee for consideration. Incomplete forms will be returned to
the originator for completion.
5. The purchase requisitions will be signed by the PD Committee Chairperson
upon approval of your request.
6. Make any necessary hotel reservations yourself.
7. Upon approval of your trip, you will be notified via a written note from the PD
8. Within one week of returning from your trip, you will need to complete a form
“Instructor’s Report of Conference” and submit it to your administrator.
9. When you return, if you are entitled to mileage reimbursement for your trip,
you will need to complete yet another purchase requisition form requesting
your mileage reimbursement. Consult the “Allowable Mileage” chart to locate
the city to which you traveled. The mileage given is for round trip. The
district reimburses you 38 cents per mile. Submit the mileage
reimbursement purchase requisition to Barb Cox at the District Office.