CPRE, HEREFORDSHIRE BRANCH
8th May 2012
PRESENT: Bob Widdowson (Chair), Peter Louis (Treasurer), David Phelps
(Secretary), Ros Bradbury, Virginia Morgan, Ben Nash, David Miller, Richard Wise.
ALSO PRESENT: Tony Geeson, Ian Jardin, Richard Williams.
1) APOLOGIES: Vicki Webb-Prosser
2) MINUTES of the meeting held on 13th March were agreed and signed by the Chair.
3.) MATTERS ARISING: National Office does not currently have a water
conservation policy. Was discussed at regional seminar. Lewis Goldwater not yet
replied to RB. 3rd November booked for AGM. Rugby Club – no further
developments. Credenhill – council survey differs from ours. RW to organize
further meeting. Rotherwas devlpt and how it affects hedges may be a cause of
4) SECRETARY’S REPORT: Annual Rpt received from Staffordshire as well as
Suffolk newsletter. Minutes of Shropshire branch January meeting and Rural Hub
newsletter also received.
5.) TREASURER’S REPORT: Summary of income and expenditure for April.
National Office quarterly receipts received. 3.2% drop in membership, around
Booked to attend Diamond Day on 11th July and Charity Market on 8th September.
6.) HEREFORD ODR: PLAN meeting in April requested that branch needs to take a
stance on relief road. It now looks as though there will be a further round of public
consultation before the core strategy finalised. So it might be advisable to wait until
then. There is a range of measures that the council could develop to ease pressure on
roads, why are they not doing anything? RW and IJ to produce position statement
on current position for next meeting and chase up Rotherwas traffic Strategy.
7.) HEREFORD CIVIC SOCIETY: Plan to organize joint meeting/debate for autumn,
possibly also involving Nature Trust. Need to work more closely and decide common
8.) DIAMOND DAY: Names and date of birth of anyone prepared to help to PL
by end of the month. Needed for security purposes. Will move Exec. Meeting in July
to 17th so can be involved in setting up.
9.) NFU: Richard Williams will attend. Possible issues - polytunnels (are they
supported in all cases?), water situation, wind farms and solar arrays.
10.) NPPF: note produced by V W-P on Westminster Forum. Thanks to her for
attending and producing useful summary.
11.) AONB: Malvern Hills – only one CPRE rep. required so Richard Williams will
act as deputy for Worcester CPRE. Richard will check that we get regular
feedback. VM to check Pennoxstone Farm for movement of polytunnels.
Black Mts – no further devlpts.
Consultations on Local Nature Partnerships ltd to Hereford, Colwall and Kington
because of ltd budget. Plans to draw in large number of organizations, including
businesses and so may be unwieldy.
12.) REGIONAL GRP MEETING: Nothing of significance.
13.) WEBSITE: RW happy to act as moderator. Anyone else interested to contact B
B-W. Training to take place at V8 after July.
14) AGM: no devlpts.
15.) TOPICS FOR PRESS RELEASE: Diamond Day and visit of our patron.
17.) NATIONAL: AGM due in June. New membership forms expected and 250
hedgerow leaflets ordered.
18.) REGIONAL: see above
19.) PLANNING POLICY: no devlpts
20.) PLANNING APPLICATIONS: Kingstone – 100 eco houses, to be assembled at
Rotherwas being considered but not yet reached planning stage.
Reeves Hill – Permission now been issued. Campaigners now have a few weeks to
Belmont Abbey – plans for housing in designated parkland. Start of expected fishing
expeditions by developers?
21.) PLAN: good meeting held. Concern that Neighbourhood Plans dependant on
Parish Councils. HALC has run out of leaflets and might need some of ours. New
Neighbourhood Planning section set up by Council.
22.) Cllr Hamilton has asked work with us on cutting down on fly tipping.
23.) DATE OF NEXT MEETING: 12th June, 1.30pm, Farmers’ Club, Hereford.