1. Go to http://www.cengage.com/school/econxtra/. Select our textbook.
2. Go to Chapter 18 (What the test will cover by the way)
3. Type in user name demand and password supply (or vice versa).
4. Select NET BOOKMART. Note there are three major categories under
NetBookmart. Follow each category and complete the work as assigned.
a. Click World Trade Organization. View the site and answer the questions:
Who, What, When, Where, and Why regarding this organization.
b. Click Bureau of Economics Analysis. (Current Releases, then International).
Go to US International Trade in Goods and Services. What are the
export/import totals? Is the US running a surpluses or deficit and if so how
c. View the box on the left that provides current Currency Values. Notice how
these rates change every second. These rates are not FIXED. These rates
FLOAT and are FLEXIBLE. These three highlighted terms are noteworthy for
5. Go Home. Select ASK THE EXPERT. Read the transcript. Identify and detail
the reasons cited for protectionist trade policies.
6. Go to http://www.imf.org/external/index.htm. Here you will find the home page
for the International Monetary Fund. View the site and answer the questions:
Who, What, When, Where, and Why regarding this organization. Also, go to the
NEWS tab. Select “more top stories” and write the headline of the article that
7. Receive a handout from Mrs. Morrow. Complete the handout Activity 3 Exchange
Rate Activity Sheet. This is one activity that is a part of The Fed’s Passport to
8. Optional but worth up to 10 points on your International Test. Due date: Test
Day. Return to the online textbook. Go Home. Select E-CON@PPS.
a. Click Econ News Online.
b. Scroll to World Economy
c. Choose any of the topics under International Trade, International Finance,
d. Read the brief summaries of the articles, select one that interests you, read
the full summary, and answer the follow up questions at the end of the
e. To receive full credit, you will need to print out the article, questions, and
9. Have extra time? Return to the textbook site by following the directions provided
at the beginning of the assignment. Select Xtra Study Tools and Play the Games.