по английскому языку
для учащихся 9-х
МКОУ СОШ №5
Reading Comprehension Test Form 9
The Bald Eagle
In 1782 soon after the United States of America won its independence, the bald
eagle was chosen as the national bird of the new country. American leaders wanted
the eagle to be a symbol of their country because it is a bird of strength and
courage. They chose the bald eagle because it was found all over North America.
Today, the bald eagle has almost disappeared from the country. In 1972 there
were only 3,000 bald eagles in the entire United States. The reason of reduction
of population of birds is pollution, especially pollution of the rivers by pesticides.
Pesticides are chemicals used to kill insects and other animals that attack and
destroy crops. Unfortunately, rain often washes pesticides into rivers. Pesticides
pollute the rivers and poison the fish. Eagles eat these fish and then the eggs eagles
lay are not healthy. The eggs have very thin shells and do not hatch. Many eggs
did not hatch and produce more eagles and the number of eagles quickly became
Today, the American government and the American people are trying to protect
the bald eagle. The number of bald eagles is slowly increasing. It now appears that
the American national bird will survive.
1). Choose meaning of the underlined words
1. In 1972 there were only 3.000 bald eagles in the entire United States.
a) whole b) central c) western
2. The reason of reduction of population of birds was pollution.
a) other animals b) dirty air and water c) people
3. The eggs have thin shells and do not hatch.
a) open b) fly c) smash
4. Eagles lay only two or three eggs a year.
a) eat b) produce c) deserve
5.Pesticides kill animals that attack and destroy crops.
a) insects b) plants c) flowers
6. In not appears that the American national bird will survive.
a) die b) fly away c)live
2).Choose the correct answers.
1. Why was the bald eagle chosen as the symbol of the United States?
a) It was the cause of the American independence.
b) In began to disappear.
c) American leaders chose it because it is a bird of strength and courage, and it was
found all over North America.
2. Why has the bald eagle almost disappeared from the country.
a) Because in 1972 there were only 3.000 bald eagles in the entire United States.
b) The bald eagle has almost disappeared from the country because of pollution.
c) The eggs have very thin shells and do not hatch.
3) Find out the wrong word in each sentence and put the correct one.
1.The United States won its independence after 1782.
2. American leaders wanted the eagle to be a sample o their country.
3. They chose the bald eagle because it was found all over South America.
4. In 1972 there were only 30.000 bald eagles.
5. Unfortunately, rain often washes crops into rivers.
6. The eagles have very thin shells and do not hatch.
7. Today, the American government and the American people are trying to pollute
the bald eagle.
Listening comprehension test Form 9
Like most students I don’t like exams. I find it stressful and usually I can't get good
results because I feel too nervous. Especially, when I have to talk and answer the
teacher's questions without any preparation. If I had a choice, I'd take a test or
write an essay. When I write, I have enough time to calm down and to think over
my answers. And the results are usually much better.
If you have to take an exam, don't worry. Most people don't find exams a very
pleasant experience, but there are some tips that can make it less stressful. First,
and the most important thing - never spend the whole night over the books. You
need a good night's sleep before the exam, otherwise you won't be able to
concentrate or understand and answer the teacher's questions. Second, don't take
any medicine for your nerves. It can do much more harm than good. You will feel
sleepy during the exam.
I always get very nervous before the exams. Doesn't matter whether I know all the
answers or not. Once I was taking an exam in literature, the subject I like and know
very well. It was an oral exam and the teacher asked me to recite any poem by any
poet of the twentieth century. I know lots of them, but at that very moment I wasn't
able to recall anything. The teacher looked really disappointed and I got quite a
low grade. When I left the classroom, suddenly I remembered a dozen of poems I
could have recited to the teacher.
Most people believe that exams are very important for the education because
during the exams teachers can assess the students' knowledge and it can motivate
students to learn. I don't agree with this point of view. I think that during the exam
it's difficult to say how much students know. Some of them can get very nervous
and it affects their answers - they may know a lot but may be unable to cope with
their stress. Some other students may be lucky and get the only question they know
well. Exams are not fair and I hope they are replaced soon by something more
effective, at least at school.
It may sound strange but taking exams is not a stressful activity to me. I actually
enjoy it. I never get nervous as I'm sure that I know enough to pass the exam. And
even when it's bad luck - my life doesn't depend entirely on my exam results. Exam
is a challenging task for me, it helps me to concentrate on some problems and to
improve myself. I think I'll be taking exams when school is over, just for fun.
Listening Comprehension Test Form 9
Вы услышите 5 высказываний. Установите соответствие между
высказываниями каждого говорящего 1-5 и утверждениями, данными в
списке A-F. Используйте каждое утверждение, обозначенное
соответствующей буквой, только один раз. В задании есть одно лишнее
A. The speaker explains how to pass exams successfully.
B. The speaker thinks that exams are not effective enough.
C. The speaker says that oral exams are more stressful.
D. The speaker explains why he/she prefers written exams.
E. The speaker says that he/she likes taking exams.
F. The speaker talks about his/her negative experience during the exam.
Говорящий 1 2 3 4 5
Grammar Test Form 9
A middle-aged, well-to-do woman 1----------------(do) her Christmas shopping.
She 2--------------(think) she 3 ------------(like} a cup of tee. She 4--------(go) to
a café in the department store, 5---------(take) a vacant seat and 6 (lay) all her
parcels and her handbag on the chair next to her. A cup of good English tee 7----
(bring). While she 8---(enjoy) it she suddenly noticed a hand behind 9-----(snatch)
her handbag. She 10--------so -------(shock) that she 11---------( not react) at once.
When the woman 12----------(understand) all, the thief 13--------(disappear). She
walked to the Security and reported that she 14-------((rob) and explained what 15
--(happened). She really 16--------(not have) much hope that her handbag with the
keys, money, credit cards 17--------(find). But it was more of a pleasant surprise
when the people from the store 18------(ring) her later that day. They 19------------
(say} they 20 -------(find) her bag and 21--------(ask) her 22--------(come) and-----
(get) it back . When she arrived at the place, the people had no idea what the old
dear 24----------(talk) about. The woman went back home and when she opened the
door she realized who 25---------(phone) her: during her absence the thief 26-------
(take) away all the things from her house.
Lexical Test Form 9
1. Choose the correct preposition.
A) at B) in C) on
1. There is a nice picture … the wall.
2. She never keeps her money …her bag.
3. Don't sit … the ground!
4. I think her flat is … the third floor of that building.
5. The children are playing … the garden.
6. Let's meet … the entrance to the Supermarket.
7. There is nobody … the building.
8. … the middle there are three small dots.
9. She didn't want to go anywhere, she decided to stay … home.
10. John's brother is … prison for burglary.
11. Did you hear the news … the radio?
12. He is away. He's gone to Germany … business.
A) by B) on C) in D) out of E) off
13. Excuse me , I have to get … at next station.
14. Since I broke my leg I have to travel … bus.
2. Use the proper prepositions where necessary.
15. Harry isn't interested … sport.
A) in B) at C) of
16. Are you afraid … spiders?
A) on B) at C) of
17. It is very nice … you to help us. Thank you very much.
A) with B) about C) of
18. We waited … him till night but he didn't come.
A) - B) for C) to
19. Why are you looking … me?
A) at B) - C) to
20. Everybody should take care … nature.
A) at B) of C) about
21. I won't go there. Everybody will laugh … me.
A) at B) with C) to
22. I don't have enough money to pay … the meal.
A) - B) to C) for
23. Hello, can I speak … Jane, please?
A) - B) to C) on
24. The children stopped talking when the teacher entered … the room.
A) at B) - C) to
25. Cut the meat …small pieces before frying it.
A) at B) into C) for
26. They are leaving … London.
A) at B) in C) for
27. Have you ever been …Moscow?
A) at B) in C) to
28. Why don't you do something instead … just talking?
A) - B) of C) to
29. I am very glad … see you.
A) - B) to C) of
KEYS Form 9
Reading Comprehension Test
1) 1 a 3)1 in
2 b 2 symbol
3 a 3 North
4 b 4 3.000
5 b 5 pesticides
6 c 6 eggs
2) 1 c 7 protect
2 b -15 points
1. was doing; 2.thought; 3.would like; 4.went ; 5.took; 6.laid; 7.was brought;
8.was enjoying; 9. snatched; 10 was…shocked; 11. did not react;
12.understood; 13 had disappeared; 14. had been robbed; 15. had happened;
16. did not have; 17. would be found; 18. rang; 19. 19. said; 20. had found;
21. asked; 22.to come; 23. get it back; 24.was talking; 25. had phoned; 26. had
1c 9a 17c 25c
2b 10b 18b 26c
3c 11c 19a 27c
4c 12c 20b 28b
5b 13e 21a 29b
6a 14a 22c
7b 15a 23b
8b 16c 24b -29 points
Listening Comprehension Test
1 2 3 4 5
d a f b e
Total -100 points -10 points
Name_______________ Form 9____
Reading Comprehension Test
1) 1 2) 1 3 )1
2 2 2
1 10 19
2 11 20
3 12 21
4 13 22
5 14 23
6 15 24
7 16 25
8 17 26
1 9 17 25
2 10 18 26
3 11 19 27
4 12 20 28
5 13 21 29
6 14 22
7 15 23
8 16 24
Listening Comprehension Test
1 2 3 4 5