HOPKINSVILLE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
VACANCY POSTING NOTICE – REPOSTED JUNE 1, 2012
Official Title of Position: Manufacturing Industrial Technology Instructor – Available August 2012
Monthly Salary: $3,600/ month on contract (10 month contract) – paid over 12 months
With faculty rank changes, multi-year contracts are awarded
Position Number: 10003178
1. Effectively teach and coordinate Electrical/Electronics courses within the Manufacturing Industrial Technology Program
and the Electrical Engineering Technology Program and Workforce Solutions.
2. Serve as Program Coordinator for MIT program.
3. Serve as faculty supervisor for all academic instruction within the manufacturing industry sector.
4. Create and actively engage all areas of the manufacturing sector’s academic initiatives to include dual credit, credential
audits, and apprenticeship relationships with industry.
5. Advise students for major and discipline requirements. Take an active role in student success.
6. Provide for and be actively involved in on-going evaluations, development, and enhancement of MIT/EET offerings.
7. Maintain, and improve, through professional development, competence in discipline knowledge and instructional
techniques and capabilities.
8. Develop strategic plan for improving the manufacturing program to include; scheduling, recruitment efforts to draw
students into the Business and Occupational Technology program offerings, advising, and advisory board effectiveness.
9. Maintain community relations within the industrial manufacturing community and execute an active advisory council for
the MIT/EET Program.
10. Serve on division, college, and system committees as elected or appointed.
11. Participate in academic and student enhancement activities.
12. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or master degree with 18-graduate hours in
Engineering, from an accredited institution. Master degree preferred.
2. Demonstrated commitment to quality instruction and student learning.
3. Demonstrated commitment to across the curriculum competencies of writing, reading, creative thinking, ethics/values, and
4. Demonstrated effective technology skills, communication skills (written and verbal), organizational and human relations
5. Demonstrated leadership within a managerial role.
6. Demonstrated commitment to instructional and institutional effectiveness.
7. Demonstrated commitment to the comprehensive community college concept and team management. Community college
Application Deadline: Online application deadline is June 12, 2012. Applicants will be notified if
selected for an interview.
To Apply: Please visit our website to make application online: http://www.hopkinsville.kctcs.edu/Job-
KCTCS offers a competitive employment benefits package and an attractive work environment
that supports excellence, innovation and creativity. This position is a full-time position.
Position is a term-contract position, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance.
KCTCS/HCC is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity.
KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
KCTCS/HCC is an equal access, equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and is committed to providing equal
opportunity through its employment practices. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.