Meeting with the Chairman AFNHB by U52nMrb

VIEWS: 39 PAGES: 4

									                                                                                         1


                         MINUTES OF THE MEETING WITH
CHAIRMAN OF AFNHB, AIR MSHL J N BURMA AVSM VSM AOA IAF, AOA, AIR HQ,
                             NEW DELHI
      IN THE OFFICE OF THE PROJECT DIRECTOR, JVT, BANGALORE
                   12TH DECEMBER 2007 AT 1330 HRS

Present:

Air Mshl JN Burma                    -       Chairman, AFNHB
Wg Cdr Ks Roy                        -       Project Director, JVT, Bangalore
Brig (Retd) Rangarajan               –       President, JVTAOAA
Mrs J Paul                           –       Secretary, JVTAOA
Cdr (Retd) K Ravindran               –       Treasurer JVTAOA
Wg Cdr (Retd) VG Kumar               –       Member
Gp Capt Motilal Nalluri              –       Member
Lt Col (Retd) S Jagannathan          –       Member
JWO (Retd) Kulkarni                  -       Member

___________________________________________________________________

1.      The President welcomed the Chairman and thanked him for his time in coming to
Jal Vayu Towers to address concerns of allottees and see the current state of the
project. He introduced the members of the Board of Management who were present at
the meeting.

                              POINTS RAISED

STATUS OF PROJECT – ITEM 1

2.        The President opened the discussion by stating that even though the process of
handing/taking over of apartments had commenced in late December 2006, readiness of
all flats and blocks per se has not met the dates/revised dates promised. Out of 468
allottees only 319 have taken over and out of this only 35 flats are actually occupied.
This is an indication of the slow progress of the project where only residents, who have
no other option, have moved in.

3.      He then took up two major problem areas i.e. roads and lifts. Regarding the
former he said that internal roads and approach roads to stilt parking was not yet laid.
This was turning away prospective owners/tenants from moving in. The performance of
OTIS lifts was far from satisfactory; even in blocks handed over much earlier, where lift
cars stopped in between floors trapping those inside or simply did not function at all.
This frequent breakdown of lifts was causing fear and hardships to residents particularly
senior citizens. Poor quality of motors and patchwork repairs were other aspects of
OTIS lifts installed here.

4.      The President suggested that OTIS be asked to position their representative
daily at site to deal with such problems. He added that allottees were suffering heavy
financial losses (between Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 20,000/- per month) because they were
unable to either move in or rent out their apartments.

DECISION
                                                                                          2



5.      The Chairman empathized with these concerns and directed the PD to fix up a
meeting with the head of OTIS in Mumbai as he wished, personally, to convey the above
state of lifts and get it rectified.

6.     He also told the PD to review the project and to bring along, when he visited
Delhi on 17th December 2007, a revised prioritized action plan, detailing financial and
other basic requirements to counter these problems.

7.    The PD indicated 15th January 2008 as the date by which all internal roads would
be completed.

INDIVIDUAL ELECTRICITY METERS FOR BLOCKS & COMMON AREAS – ITEM II

8.      Member Equipment, Gp. Capt Nalluri, stated that the entire JVT complex was
being billed through one meter only. Since Karnataka also followed the slab system of
energy consumption, bills would fall into the highest slab. It was earnestly requested
that a separate meter be fixed in each block for common areas and another for roads
and community center at a possible cost of about 5-6 lakhs. This suggestion had also
been given to the DG AFNHB when he visited the site last month.

DECISION

9.      The Chairman directed the PD to explore this possibility and execute the same,
as since the allottees would be willing to share the total cost, there should be no problem
in helping them out on this score. The expenditure of Rs. 6 lakh (approx) when divided
by 467 allottees, would amount to about Rs. 1,300/- each, which could be borne by the
members/association.

SECURITY – ITEM III

10.     Cdr. Ravindran appraised the Chairman about garbage being thrown into the
complex by residents of Krishnapalaya from over the western boundary wall. He also
stated that a few roofs of their dwellings overlapped the wall. He requested raising of
JVT walls both from points of view of security and unhealthiness to the residents.

DECISION

11.     The PD said that this wall was 8 ft. in height. The Chairman remarked that this
was not enough of a deterrent and directed PD to initiate steps to raise this height
particularly along the western boundary. He also told the PD to contact the headman of
the colony and the police to apprise them of this. He added that it would as also help to
find out the affiliation of this colony with corporation officials/counselor as these are
favorably disposed towards men in uniform and their help could be taken.

QUALITY ISSUES AND STATUS OF BLOCK 3

12.     Mrs. Paul spoke about the poor finish of construction. She said that even though
the quality of the fittings used was good, the workmanship was very poor. The PD said
that the finish was quite good. Gp. Capt. Nalluri then drew the Chairman’s attention to
the wall of the PD’s office where the flaws were obvious.
                                                                                             3



13.     Wg. Cdr. V.G. Kumar told the Chairman that the color wash in the flats was not
even and not of good quality. He said many allottees were scraping this off and
repainting at their own cost.

14.     MWO Kulkarni complained about the incorrect slope of tiles as a result of which
water from the bathrooms and wash balcony areas were flowing away from the drain
and back into the house.

15.     Mrs. Paul also conveyed the concern of all allottees of Block 3 who feared that
since theirs was the last block to be completed, the same finish may not be achieved.
The fact that this was also the lowest point in the complex, posed a threat from a
possible overflow of water from the nullah running next to this block. Rainwater from this
storm drain would flow into the stilt parking area even though this had been further
raised by just 45 cms. De-silting of this drain and covering to prevent rubbish being
thrown into it and would go a long way in preventing any flooding in future.

16.    Since this point had been raised as early as 2005 by the then Advisory Council,
the President suggested that this block be handed over as early as possible but only
when preventative measures were in place.

DECISION

17.     The Chairman asked the PD whether it was possible for him to visit this block
and see the nullah. Regarding the finish of the flats the PD assured that this block would
get the same quality of finish as the others.

STORM DRAIN – ITEM 4

18.     Regarding the storm drain that runs through the middle of the complex, Cdr.
Ravindran stated that more than 300 families of workers were residing within the
complex itself. Since they were throwing plastic bags and other garbage into this open
drain, this was further creating unhealthy conditions.

DECISION

19.   The PD replied that the covering of this drain was already being negotiated with
the BBMP and that he was on the job of getting this covered fully.

REGISTRATION OF APARTMENTS –ITEM 5

20.     Col. Jagannathan said that the guidance value of flats and consequently the
stamp duty etc. were constantly being revised upwards. He requested early registration
of the apartments in the name of the allottees to reduce the financial burden and that the
registration should not be postponed indefinitely awaiting final costing and project
completion.

21.     The President said that in the possession letter given to allottees at the time of
taking over flats there exists a clause whereby allottees can be asked to pay difference
between final costing and what has already been collected. Therefore the process of
registration should commence at the very earliest.
                                                                                        4



DECISION

22.   The PD said that this has already been planned for and this is likely to
commence somewhere in March 2008. The President then urged that this should be
advanced to an earlier date.

23.    On a suggestion from Gp. Capt. Nalluri to provide additional staff to PD to
concurrently progress many issues, the Chairman asked the PD to forward his
requirement for early action. The Chairman assured that the process of registration
would commence in January 2008.

24.     The Chairman promised to do whatever he could to help the allottees of this
project and to ensure actions on all points raised.

25.     The President thanked him for having given his valuable time to listen to the
problems of JVT project and requested for a representative from AFNHB, Delhi to
periodically monitor progress of all issues discussed and dates given.The meeting was
then adjourned.




Mrs. J. Paul
Secretary
JVT AOA
22 Dec 07

								
To top