2008-2009 AP World History
World History (AP)
Study Guide – Chapter 25
Vocabulary: Define each term, person, or concept
14. New Holland
1. Treaty of Tordesillas 15. Atahualpa
2. Conquistadores 16. Motecuzoma II
3. Pizarro 17. Tainos
18. Christopher Columbus
7. Santo Domingo
8. Doña Marina
22. Cabeza de Vaca
9. Hernán Cortés
11. indentured servants 24. métis
12. Captain James Cook 25. hacienda
1. How did Pizarro conquer the Inca Empire with 180 men?
2. Compare the French and English settlements of North America. What kind of settlers came to each? How did
these colonies differ from the Iberian colonies further south?
3. What became the basis of the economy and settlement in the North American colonies of France and England?
4. When and how did slavery come to North America? How did the arrival of slavery impact the societies that
5. Describe the typical relations between French and English settlers and the Native Americans.