Who is ?
TILP is an institute of members of the
TILP is owned by its individual members.
• Provide professional certification.
• Be the representative body of the localisation
• Be the reference point at global level for the localisation
industry and those requiring information about it.
• Promote the industry through a variety of publications
• Provide the infrastructure for a range of activities
supporting the development of the industry.
• Maintain direct and regular contact with localisation
companies, government departments and agencies,
researchers and students, and the media and
international consultancy firms.
• Not-for profit organisation
• Global reach
• Owned by members
– Associate members
– Professional members
• Run by Council and CEO
• Annual AGM
2002 – 2003 Council Members
• Alan Barrett (President)
• Fiona Agnew (Deputy President)
• Matthias Caesar
• Wendy Hamilton (Vice President)
• David MacDonald
• Patti McCann
• John Malone
• Michael O’Callaghan
• Arturo Quintero
• Secretary and CEO: Reinhard Schaler
Three reasons why to join today
• Develop your career
Professionalism • Become a recognized
• Support and develop
Meeting the needs CLP
• Professional Development Individual
– CLP Standard Council
– Certification Fellows
– TILP approved training
– Fellow Associates Web
• Service Workshops
– Professional recognition
– Information Annual Conference
Become part of
Develop Become a Shape
your recognized your
career Professional Institute
• Associate membership
– Open to any individual with an interest in localisation
• Professional membership
– Open to localisation professionals only. Entry is based on the
recommendation of the Professional Membership Review
Committees (PMRC). The TILP Council adjudicates applications.
– The designatory letters of Professional Members of the Institute
– Nominated by TILP. (Fellows are experts in their field and will
advise TILP on issues such as certification.)
– The designatory letters of Fellows of the Institute are “FILP”.
The Institute of Localisation
78 Iona Road