FCFS Update: 5/12/06
SAFE DRIVING COURSE
Instructions for the On-Line Class
This course will take 60 minutes or more to complete. Please refer to the Course Handout
to help reference the content.
1. This course is available through any Internet connection. Taking the course at home is possible,
but must be approved by your supervisor, since it is considered work time (payable time for non-
2. Since this is an on-line course, the speed of downloads are dependent upon the connection. High
speed connections are best; dial-up with take significantly more time.
3. If you take this class through a work computer, Log onto METAFRAME. You need to have
activated your network account in order to do this (you have a username and password). If you
have not activated your network account, contact the MIS Help line at extension 8399 for
4. Once you are open in Metaframe, Click on the Internet Explorer key to open KIDSWEB.
5. In the address section of the KidsWeb home page, type in “www.losscontrol.com”
6. Once you type in the address, hit “GO”
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 2 of 8
7. On the home page for Loss Control, type in the following:
i. USERNAME: driver1 PASSWORD: driver1
ii. Click on LOGIN
8. You will notice it says “Welcome, Greg Lawrence.” PLEASE DISREGARD.
Click on “DRIVER TRAINING” Folder
9. Click on icon that says “Online Interactive Defensive Driver Training”
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 3 of 8
10. You will see the moving phrase that says “You have flash” – you are ready to begin – click where it
says “Click here to proceed.” If the phrase does not come up within a minute, contact MIS Help at
11. Click on “NO NARRATION”
NOTE: There are no resuming options in this program (see above screen, under “No Narration”).
You must go through the whole training in one sitting. If you end the training mid-session, you
must start from the beginning again.
12. Click START. Be patient as the screens load.
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 4 of 8
13. Once the screens load, and the information is shown, the “Next ” button will flash. When the
word “Next” flashes you may click it and proceed onto the next screen.
DO NOT MOVE AHEAD UNTIL THE “NEXT” BUTTON IS FLASHING!!!!!!
14. Occasionally during the training screens will appear that have questions on them. Answer the
questions to see if you are retaining the information being taught. Click on the box that states what
you think is the right answer. The program will tell you if you are correct or not.
You will not be able to proceed with the course until you answer these questions correctly. If you
answer incorrectly, hit the “NEXT” button, and it will return you to the question for another
This is not the test you need to take to pass the course – that test is at the end of the course. These
are simply questions to help you gauge your learning.
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 5 of 8
15. Occasionally during the training you will be asked to click on boxes, which will animate the screen.
You will not be able to proceed until you have clicked on all the boxes.
16. In the lower corner of the screen, you will see a progress meter to let you know how far along you
are on the training.
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 6 of 8
17. Some of the screens may load very slowly, especially the ones
that require “click and drag” or some other animation.
The animation in them may take awhile to progress.
PLEASE BE PATIENT.
Do not try to click your way out, which will only make it slower.
Wait for the “hourglass” symbol to disappear and then try to
18. When you come to the end of the course, you will see this screen.
DO NOT CLICK “OK” –
instead, click on the link for the quiz. (If you do click on “OK” you will end the
session, and will have to re-enter the username and password back at the initial screen to get
back to this link listed below.
19. Take the quiz. You must get 16/20 (80%) to pass the course for KidsPeace standards.
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 7 of 8
The course will allow you to take the test multiple times until you get 16 / 20.
Once you pass the course, this screen will appear for you to print out your certificate:
For agency, list where
you work – the name of
the FCFS office.
Click on this when
you’re ready to print.
20. When you hit “Get Certificate” you will see this screen appear:
Hit okay, but do not worry about printing in landscape. The certificate will print anyway.
Safe Driving Instructions – Page 8 of 8
21. Once you hit “GET CERTIFICATE” , the certificate will appear. This is what will be printed out.
Your Name Your Location
Your Score Your Date
1. Print the certificate to your assigned printer on your metaframe account
2. If you are taking this class from home, you should be able to print it to your
NOTE: If you do not have a printer associated with your network account, you
will have to add one.
Instructions for adding a Printer can be found on KidsWeb –
- Minimize the window with the course on it
- click on the “E’ key for KidsWeb
- click on MIS
- click on “How Do I?”
- click on “Install a Network Printer”
- call the Help Line at extension 8399 with any questions
For Option 1: Print out the certificate at your assigned printer:
Go to “FILE” – “PRINT” – click OK.
22. Once you have your certificate:
Give the certificate to your supervisor.
Your supervisor will keep a copy for your file, and forward a copy to OD&T for tracking on your