Thunderchild First Nation- Piyesiw Awasis (Thunderchild) School
Hot Lunch Program Cooks
The Hot Lunch Coordinator Cooks shall report directly to the Hot Lunch Coordinator. The
person selected will maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the kitchen and to be responsible
for the preparation and cooking of a well-balanced and nutritious menu for the students.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Assist in the planning and preparation of a balanced rotating menu.
Ensure food is hygienically stored and food storage areas are kept clean.
Ensure that high standards of hygiene and safety are maintained at all times in the
kitchen through daily cleaning and monitoring kitchen equipment.
Ensure all crockery and utensils are properly washed.
Adhere to Food and Nutrition Guidelines of School services during the preparation,
cooking and serving of all food.
From time to time you may be required to work unsocial hours.
Participate in fundraising activities on behalf of the school.
Adhere to the professional code of conduct and appropriate dress.
Attend any other reasonable duties relevant to the program.
1. Speaking Cree would be an asset.
2. Safe food handling certificate required.
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible for registration on the SGI
4. Must agree to the terms of a Role Model contract (alcohol and drug-free lifestyle).
5. Must be physically able to perform the duties required by the position.
6. Shall possess attitudes that make for harmonious cooperation with students and with
the administration, teachers and other kitchen staff.
7. Prior Cook experience desired.
Please apply in writing by submitting a resume and a copy of a Driver’s license with
Criminal Records Check (CPIC) to:
Acting Director of Education/Principal - Mrs. Bernadine Graham
Director of Operations - Carla Nokusis
Email and fax numbers provided. Or you may drop off resume at the band office with
Jackie Starr in the administration office. DEADLINE DATE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28,
2011 @ 4:30 P.M.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.