HOLIDAY HOMEWORK (2012-13)
“Hours are happiest when hands are busiest.”
So the Holiday Homework has been designed in such a way so as to channelize the boundless energy
of children, to enrich their enquiring mind and to inspire creativity. Our main aim is to see the
children in a radiant form: a source of bliss, energy and light.
1.Write a Short Story to illustrate/ elaborate the Proverbs---
All that Glitters is not gold.
A Friend in need is a friend indeed.
2. Draw up a survey of ten questions to ask the oldest person in your family or your neighbourhood.
Interview the person and write down the answers you receive. Some of the questions you could
Where did you grow up?
Who did you live with?
What was the name of your school?
Which was your favourite subject?
What games and hobbies did you have?
Do you think life is easier and better today?
3. Read the sentence and see whether the underlined clauses are Independent or Main Clauses or
Subordinate or Dependent Clauses.
1. The Cat sat on the wall and purred.
2. The cat purred until we gave it some milk.
3. This is my brother who loves cats.
4. The cat sleeps under my brother’s bed.
5. The cat has green eyes which glow in the dark.
4. Write these words in the alphabetical order and look up their meanings in the dictionary. Then fill
in the blanks given below.
astronaut scientist experiments fragile determined
1. Be careful. The things in that box are made of glass and are very ______________
2. Neil Armstrong was the first _____________ to step on the moon.
3. Kalpana was _________ to become a rocket scientist and go into space.
4. First, do the __________ and then write them down.
5. If you like science and experiments you can become a ___________.
5.Read the passage and change the genders of the underlined words. Also rewrite the passage.
An injured peacock fell from the branch of the tree. It was in danger of being crushed by horses
passing by. My grandfather picked it up and brought it home. My father and brother gave a bowl of
meat to the peacock at mealtime. He was naughty and would sometime pull the tail of our pet dog.
6. Do first two chapters of Comprehension and More.
7. Revise whole syllabus done in the Class.
Note: Homework should be done on ruled ‘A4’ sheets. Marks would be added in FA activity.
Q1. Revise the FA 1 syllabus covered in the class.
Q2. Learn and write tables from 11 to 20.
Q3. Do Mental Maths and Revision exercise of CH-1.
Q4. Write a story using Roman numerals.(minimum ten roman numerals)
Q5. Find out the population of Delhi , Chennai , Mumbai , Kolkata.
a) Mark the periods according to Indian and International place value system and
write in words.
b) Write in expanded form.
1. Learn and revise Lesson 1, 2, 3
2. Make Model
1. Plant and animal cell (Roll No. 1 to 10)
2. Pollution (Roll No 11 to 20)
3. Interdependence of man & environment (Roll No. 21 to 30)
4. Wild Life sanctuaries (Roll No. 31 to 40)
5. Heart (Roll No. 40 and above)
3. Make a poster on conservation of trees.
SUBJECT:- SOCIAL SCIENCE
1. Make a Chart showing the Unity in Diversity.
2. Make a Social Science Dictionary.
3. Make a Pamphlet by collecting the information about the Summer Camp in your school.
4. Fill the maps from page no. 3 to 5 and 53 in your Atlas book.
5. Learn all the lessons done in the class.
1. Learn and revise L-1 to L-4
2. Explain how you can show you are a kind person.
3. Think of two situations when you postponed doing something because it might have been
difficult or you were just lazy.
4. Write down the weaknesses or shortcomings in you that you would like to change.
DO all the work in the project file.
Do you know what is a “COMPUTER LANGUAGE” ?
Computer Language is used to communicate with computer, the same way we use
English or Hindi or any other language to talk to each other and understand each others
Now, you have to make a chart showing all parts of computer and also write about various
generations of computer and the characteristics of computer in each generation.
1. Revise Pages 5 to18
2. Make a project on-----
A] Famous monuments of the world
B] Sports Personalities
DANCE & MUSIC
1. Write 5 Alankar on music note book.
2.Listen any two Non-filmy Patriotic songs and two Folk songs. Write them in
music note book.
3.Draw any 3 Instruments with name in music note book.
DO THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES IN THE BOOK MASTER STROKES ,PRACHI (5 MARKS
(A) PAGE 67 GREETING CARD
(B) PAGE 70 PAPER COLLAGE
(C) PAGE 72 PHOTO COLLAGE
(D) PAGE73 SPRAY TECHNIQUE
(E) PAGE75 AIR BLOW TECHNIQUE