OFFICE OF THE DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE,
PROVISIONING & LOGISTICS:
( AN ISO 9001 : 2000 UNIT )
5, RAJPUR ROAD, DELHI-110054
LAST DATE: 4.9.2008
BY 11.30 A.M.
GLOBAL EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
FOR EFFECTIVE SURVEILLANCE THROUGH CCTV SYSTEM
1. Delhi Police invites “Global Expression of Interest” from reputed and expert
companies/Joint Venture/Consortium of Companies having experience in providing and
installation of CCTV systems for an effective surveillance in the city through CCTV System,
for monitoring of crowded markets and places vulnerable to crime and terrorist related
incidents in Delhi. It is reiterated that only such companies having successfully provided
comprehensive surveillance system and IT solutions in major cities globally will be
considered for pre-qualification.
2. Existing CCTV Surveillance available with Delhi Police
Delhi Police have systems of analogue/IP based CCTV cameras for surveillance
in the busy market areas of Sadar Bazar, Ajmal Khan Road, Karol Bagh, Pahar Ganj,
Chandni Chowk and Khan Market. These are stand alone systems with monitoring facilities
in the offices of area Station House Officers, Sub Divisional ACsP and office of Distt.
3. Scope of work
In view of increasing population of Delhi as well the floating population visiting
busy market areas, heightened security threat and crime prevention & detection needs,
Delhi Police intends to upgrade the security of public places through the CCTV surveillance
systems. Markets/important places in Delhi will be covered by integrated IP based - CCTV
surveillance system with state of the art facility of monitoring the video relay at the level of
Police Stations, Sub-Divisions, Distt. besides a central location. The suggested system
should have the following salient features:-
(a) Day & Night online surveillance of crowded markets /busy public places on a
24X7X365 days basis. Connectivity and monitoring from all the sites of installation
should be available at Police Station, Sub-Division Central Monitoring Control Room
and with the Distt. DCsP concerned in respect of areas falling under their jurisdiction.
(b) The facility of recording at each of the installation should be for a minimum period of
24 x 7 days and redundant recording available at camera level, in case of power
failure. The recording facility available at the Distt. level in respect of all the location
should be for a minimum period of 30 days for a Police Station; 14 days for Sub
Division; and 3 days for DCP whereas the recording facility available at Central
Control Room should be for a minimum period of 7 days.
(c) Storage facility of recording in the form of back-up should be available in Central
(d) The monitoring should consist of a combination of PTZ & Fixed Cameras (Day &
Night Vision) and a suitable connectivity and mechanism shall be suggested by the
bidders in their documents in the Global Expression of Interest. For the purpose of
on-line connectivity, the Delhi Police currently have a 48 mbps bandwidth available at
244 locations, the list of which will be made available to the interested bidders from
the office of undersigned or ACP/CSA/P&L or CSA Br. situated at 5, Rajpura Road,
Delhi on any working day free of cost from 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
(e) Integration/upgradation of existing CCTV installation at places as enumerated in para
2 above also come under the purview of this Expression of Interest.
(f) Besides, the CCTV installation, the Delhi Police also have other projects like City
Video Surveillance System for monitoring the Traffic movements & signal Violations
committed at various Traffic intersections in the Capital. The bidders have to suggest
a suitable system of interface between the proposed CCTV system and the existing
city video surveillance system and Intelligent Traffic Management System.
The Project will be implemented in phases covering the major markets and
other important public places.
Objectives of the Project
1. Live monitoring of activities in the markets and other vulnerable places, from the point
of view of crime prevention & detection, to check the activities of mischievous elements
and overall security of the area from counter terrorism angle as well.
2. To check alertness of Police Personnel on duty & their locations.
3. If an event at any location necessitates, reinforcements, alert the remaining
4. To record the movements of vehicles and public at specific locations for future
5. To create a Central Command and Control Centre.
6. Immediate incident detection and effective management of police response.
7. Support and integration with the existing systems.
8. Identification of disaster/emergencies and response thereon.
1. The system shall have a provision to monitor and control at the regional and Central
2. The bidder shall propose the most suitable integrated system solutions.
3. Development of an effective network to provide 100% uptime for the entire links. In
case one network control unit fails, alternate path should be created so that the system
works without any break.
4. The system should be designed in a manner that operational data is not lost in case of
any failure of equipment or communication network.
5. Provision of suitable disaster recovery mechanism.
6. The functional requirement is only indicative. The system vendor shall quote the latest
system available at the time of submitting the quotation.
7. The system should have the capacity of functioning 24x7 days in Indian Conditions.
1. The Company/Joint Venture/Consortium of Companies must be well established in the
area of Security Surveillance System and Consortium of Companies must have a valid
agreement, establishing their business associations. If the consortium’s major partner
is based abroad they must have an office in India.
2. The Company/Joint Venture/Consortium of Companies should have sufficient technical
expertise and requisite infrastructure to develop/install CCTV & Security Surveillance
3. Average annual turn over the last 03 years. Audited balance sheets for the last five
years are required.
4. Execution of 03 projects of a nature and complexity comparable to the proposed
contracts within last 05 years is required.
5. Letters of reference from past customers together with contact, address etc. of each
customer in order to show past performance in the execution of projects of a
comparable nature and complexity.
6. The Company/JVC must have qualified personnel in their company. The
Company/JVC will supply information of such personnel and and alternate for each
mentioning the experience in similar works as below :-
Total Experience In similar works As managers of
(Years) (Years) similar works (Years
(List only key
Expression of Interest document should cover the following:
1. Core business areas of operation, number of years in the business, ownership and
organizational structure of the Company/Joint Venture/ Consortium of companies.
2. Client references and brief details of the similar projects.
3. Audited financial statement for the last 3 years showing financial capability.
4. Schematic diagram of the proposed system.
5. Flow chart for control applications.
6. Approach paper for the proposed project.
7. Any other relevant information.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS AND TERMS & CONDITIONS :
1. CONFIDENTIALITY: The vendor shall not disclose to any one, any information
marked as confidential and communicated or made available or accessible by the
Vendor during execution of the work.
2. OWNERSHIP: Ownership of data: Delhi Police will own the data, application and its
source code whatsoever including supporting classes, modules, etc.
3. A briefing meeting will be held at the office of Joint Commissioner of Police, Training,
Jharoda Kalan, New Delhi, on 7.8.2008 at 1200 Hrs., wherein the requirements of
Delhi Police will be briefed to the companies interested in Expression of Interest. The
interested companies may send their representatives in the meeting.
4. The Expression of Interest shall be put by interested bidders in a box placed at the
reception of the office of undersigned at 5, Rajpur Road, Delhi – 110054 by or
before 11.30 AM on 4.9.2008. The box will be opened at 1200 Hrs. on the same
day. If the said date of opening is declared a holiday, the box will be opened on the
next working day at the same time but will be sealed on due date and time. The
participating firms or their representatives are at liberty to attend the proceedings of
opening of the Expression of Interest.
5. After opening the bid for ‘Expression of Interest’, the participating firms shall be
required to give live demonstration of the proposed system at a short notice of 15
days. Therefore the agencies are advised to prepare themselves with the system well
DEPUTY COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
PROV. & LOGISTICS, DELHI
Format of Application Form
(On applicant Company/leading company’s Letterhead)
The Deputy Commissioner of Police,
Provisioning & Logistics,
5, Rajpur Road, Delhi-110054.
Sub: Expression of Interest for the CCTV System
This has reference to the advertisement that was published in the Hindustan Times (English) dated
________ and Nav Bharat Times (Hindi) dated ______ for providing CCTV System for Delhi
Police. We are interested in submitting our Expression of Interest for the same.
We would like to clearly state that we qualify for this work as our company/JV/Consortium of
companies meets all the pre-qualifying criteria indicated by you on the Website. The details are as
Pre-qualification Criterion Details
1. Turnover of the company/JV/Consortium of Financial year Rupees in
companies during the last three years. Crores
Company/ Consortium of
In case of JV/Consortium of companies, the
turnover of the leading company during the last
three years may also be indicated. (Attach
necessary documentary proofs/audited
2. Attested copy of the Certificate of Incorporation Yes/No
with the copy of Articles and Memorandum of
3. Address and contact numbers of technical Yes/No
support office in Delhi
4. Approach papers for the proposed project Yes/No
5. Number of key persons who have sufficient Total In As
Experience similar managers
experience to develop such system (Attach (Years) works of similar
separate statement indicating names, (Years) works
qualifications, experience and skills sets and (Years
details of projects handled) Manager other
(List only key
6. Whether you have prior experience in Yes/No
implementation of similar solutions?
If yes, Execution of 03 projects of a nature and
complexity comparable to the proposed
contracts within last 05 years is required.
Letters of reference from past customers
together with contact, address etc. of each
customer in order to show past performance is
We understand that if the details given in support of claims made above are found to
be untenable or unverifiable or both, our bid may be rejected without any reference to us. We
further clearly understand that Delhi Police is not obliged to inform us of the reasons of rejection of
(Signature, Name, designation, contact address and
Telephone number of the authorized signatory)