Safe Work Practice
Extension cords can cause serious accidents if the following practices are not followed.
1. All electrical extension cords must be designed for external use and CSA
2. All extension cords will be inspected before use.
3. Extension cords are to be protected against damage.
4. All extension cords are to be placed in such away that they will not be a
tripping or falling hazard.
5. All extension cords used in hazardous areas or in damp locations are to be
protected by approved ground fault protection.
6. All frayed, cut or spliced extension cords are to be tagged and removed from