THE GOVERNING BODY OF ST. WINEFRIDE'S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
To uphold our Catholic Mission
To provide excellence in all aspects of school life, embedded in the values and beliefs of the Catholic faith.
STANDARD MAIN SCALE TEACHER FULL TIME
PHASE LEADER – TLR2 YEARS _________
St. Winefride's Catholic Primary School
The following information is provided to assist teaching staff to understand and appreciate the
work content of their post and the role they are to play in the school. However the following
points should be noted:
1. The postholder is required to carry out the duties of a school
teacher as set out in the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions
2. The details set out below describe the main duties and
responsibilities relating to the post; however a document such
as this does not permit every item to be specified in detail,
nor does it direct the particular amount of time to be spent
on carrying them out, and no part of it can be so construed.
In allocating time to the performance of duties and
responsibilities, the postholder must use Directed Time
in accordance with the school's Time Budget Policy
and have regard to a Teacher’s Conditions
1. To actively promote the Catholicity of the school, and be a model
of Catholic values.
2. To teach children within the primary school age range either in
the role of a class teacher or a support teacher as directed by the Head.
3. To work within the policies of the school.
4. To be accountable to the Headteacher through the school
5. To use appropriate ongoing assessment strategies which inform
planning and move the children on to achieve their targets.
6. To supervise the work of ancillary/support staff as required.
7. To work as part of a curriculum group for collating evidence
of standards in a portfolio.
8. To meet/liaise and work with parents, discuss the progress and needs of
the children as required by the Headteacher.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - PHASE LEADER TLR 2
1. To act as Phase Leader for LKS2 or UKS2.
2. Implement and monitor S.D.P issues, as appropriate.
3. Drive and monitor good quality learning and teaching in your phase.
4. Act as Line Manager to all team members and organise the deployment of support staff
in the Phase.
5. Monitor pupil progress and achievement in the Phase.
6. Lead Phase meetings
I acknowledge that I have seen and received a copy of the above job description.
Signed________________________________ (Member of Staff)