Project SEARCH is an
for young people with
a learning disability,
based at Central
• Learners are called ‘Trainees’ as they are training to do
real jobs within the Hospital.
• 10 trainees are offered places on the Project.
• We work towards an Entry 3 Certificate.
• Over the year, trainees get to try out 3 different jobs
within the hospital.
Our goal is paid work.
SEARCH is a
9:00am Classroom session – working on portfolios.
Prepare for the day, targets, chance to ask questions, share ideas.
Travel to work at 10.15am
Lunch in staff area/ café
1:00pm Back to work
Continue with tasks. Travel back to classroom at 2.45pm
3:00pm Classroom session – Journals
Chance to think about the day – what went well? What did I enjoy the
most? What did I learn? Any problems? Share ideas and support one
Finish at 3.30pm
Types of job placement...
• We each did a
presentation to a panel of
• It was a chance to tell
them about our skills and
• Some offered paid work or
asked to meet us again.
Some trainees have been offered paid jobs:
Chris – Clerical Assistant at Manchester Royal Eye
James – Sterile Services Assistant
Michael – Catering/ Retail Assistant at Sodexho
• We are meeting with Managers from Central
Manchester Hospitals Trust and external
employers to identify paid jobs for all the
• Trainees will still get support and guidance
from Project SEARCH and those who have
Care Managers can access Pure Innovations
supported employment services.