NDUSTR AL RELAT ONS
SCOPE OF SERVIICES -- IINDUSTRIIAL RELATIIONS
SCOPE OF SERV CES NDUSTR AL RELAT ONS
Assisting with or chairing disciplinary and grievance hearings
Facilitating poor performance / incapacity counselling meetings
Facilitating mutual agreement terminations and terminations arising from incompatibility
Drafting and negotiating disciplinary and workplace codes
Negotiating recognition / access and procedural agreements
Negotiating wage and substantive agreements
Assistance in preparing for / or representation in Mediation and Arbitration proceedings
(CCMA and Bargaining Councils)
Guiding employers through organisational restructuring exercises (retrenchments /
redundancies mergers, acquisitions, retrenchments, redundancies, changing conditions of
employment) and assisting with / leading the consultation / negotiation processes
Guiding employers through strikes, go-slows, work-to-rule, lockouts, picketing and other
Contract Administration & Interpretation
Managing and Monitoring Union Relations
IR Policy Development
We provide an integrated solution to day-to-day industrial relations and employee management
concerns. We ensure the transfer of essential IR skills and knowledge to supervisors,
management and employees / shop stewards. Each client's needs are evaluated individually and
appropriate interventions costed and agreed to by client. Clients have the option of using our
consultants or independently through Perrott Van Niekerk and Woodhouse Inc. for Labour Court,
CCMA litigation and legal opinions.
Industrial Relations Solutions Description
1. Employer Association Membership Membership of registered national
independent employer association,
promoting employer interests and effective
implementation of labour legislation.
2. Industrial Relations Corporate Comprehensive industrial relations audit
Compliance Audit focusing on compliance with labour laws
and accepted industrial relations practices.
Ensuring IR strategies are aligned with
corporate goals / business objectives.
3. Supervisory and Shop Steward IR On-site training of key employees on
Training essential IR practices, ensuring effective
transfer of skills into the organisation.
Focusing on managing employee conduct,
performance, incapacity and grievances.
4. Bi-annual seminars on labour Labour law seminars conducted by in-
developments house consultants and recognised labour
attorneys on key developments in labour
laws, case law and workplace practices.
5. Industrial Relations Management Development of customised and practical
Manual IR manual addressing significant and most
common IR interventions, from strikes and
industrial action to initiating disciplinary
action & monitoring time and attendance.
6. Employee communication - Line Ups Implementation of daily / weekly
communication strategy ensuring corporate
goals, key business indicators, and
essential skills, knowledge and behaviours
are transferred to employees.
SUPPORT SERV CES
In addition to the IR Solutions offered by Workplace Performance Technologies we provide a
range of ongoing onsite support services. Our services may either be retained through
membership of the employers association or on an ad hoc basis. Designated Regional Account
Managers provide support services.
1. Chairing of Disciplinary / Appeal / Dispute
2. Wage Negotiations Preparation for and facilitating of annual
wage negotiations. Strike preparation and
representation in collective dispute
3. Pre-hearing preparation (internal hearings,
conciliation and arbitrations).
Representation at CCMA proceedings.
4. Designated regional consultant / account Regional Account Managers providing on-
manager site and telephonic support services. Assist
in all legal and trade union disputes, and
drafting appropriate documentation.
5. Free Monthly e-newsletters & legislative Comprehensive free monthly e-newsletter
updates covering key HR / IR issues (Skills training,
Employment Equity, IR, Labour court
awards, and emerging HR issues)
6. Telephonic support 24/7 Telephonic support
METRIICS & MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
METR CS & MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
In consultation with the client, specific performance indicators are determined to ensure
that industrial relations outcomes are being achieved. Aside from meeting legislative
requirements, critical industrial relations outcomes are identified in accordance with
corporate goals and objectives.
Litigation costs Reduced staffing requirements
Dispute Settlement Fees Comparative salary / wage costs
Awareness of Company rules and Employee grievances and disputes
regulations, parameters for acceptable (employee satisfaction)
performance and conduct
Transference of IR skills to supervisors
Improved employee productivity Limited third party intervention
IIMPLEMENTATIION & MONIITORIING
MPLEMENTAT ON & MON TOR NG
Through regular client contact reports and status briefings, the client is in a position to
evaluate, revise and monitor the implementation of agreed industrial relations activities.
Initial IR Intervention
1. National Employer Association R350 per month plus R350 per hour
Membership consulting fee subject to negotiation
Fee telephonic and documentation support
Free access to Workinfo.com and
Caselaw.co.za (Value R120.00 pm)
2. Industrial Relations Audit On quotation (R35 000 - R60 000)
3. Bi-Annual seminars and training sessions On quotation (Discounted fees for
employer association members)
4. Industrial Relations Management Manual On quotation (R35 000)
5. Employee communication - Line Ups On quotation (R5 000 plus R200 per
6. Supervisory and Shop Steward IR Training On quotation (R5 000 plus R200 per
delegate. Discounted fees for employer
1. On-site consulting R350 - R650 per hour or Monthly retainer
2. Telephonic and email documentation Free (subject to Employer Association
3. Newsletters Free
Profile of Consultants
Post Graduate Degree in Law or Human Resources
Designated Account Managers per region
Minimum of 10 years corporate work experience
Region Account Managers
Johannesburg, East Rand, Midrand, Pretoria Pierre Naude
BCom Hons., Part-time CCMA Commissioner
Travel, Metal, Motor & Mining Industry
Employment Equity, Human Resources,
Hospitality, Retail, Services, IT, Catering, Small
Employment Equity, Human Resources,
Industrial Relations, HRIS
Free State, Ladysmith, Eastern Cape Gouws Rhode