Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Vocabulary Quiz 2
Directions: Match the word on the left to its correct definition on the right. You need only write the
correct letter of the definition:
1. enviably A. without interest or concern; not caring; without preference
2. indifferent B. to allow without opposing
3. determined C. able to cause harm
4. malignant D. awareness of one’s own existence, sensations, thoughts, surroundings, etc
5. composure E. unable to be perverted; righteous
6. terminal F. a container that receives or holds something
7. penetrate G. in a desirable manner
8. consciousness H.. self-controlled state of mind; calmness
9. incorruptible I. causing the end of life
10. receptacle J. indirect reference
11. martyrdom K. to pierce or pass into or through
12. contemptuous L. persistent; decisive
13. manipulation M. extreme suffering
14. tolerate N. expressing and full of hate
15. allusion O. influencing for one’s own benefit
Directions: Use the vocabulary from above to fill in the following blanks.
1. The daily tardiness of Gabriel will eventually lead to Mr. Raimondi losing his __________ and
2. Marilyn Monroe died after having used her body as a __________ for drugs and alcohol.
3. My friend Anthony may be the most ___________ person I know; I swear the man is a saint!
4. Upon seeing the exhibits on display at the Holocaust museum, Michael found it impossible to
remain __________ to the suffering of so many.
5. After spending three years studying in Spain, Michael returned home __________ fluent in
6. __________ tumors can invade and destroy nearby tissue and spread to other parts of the body.
7. Ms. Folta and her Girls Club have been promoting teen pregnancy prevention in an effort to raise
students’ __________ about the importance of using birth-control.
8. The doctor’s diagnosis of her __________ condition caused Jessica to devote even more time to her
9. The soldiers built a wall separating the downtown area from the surrounding terrorist stronghold,
hoping the wall would not allow terrorists to __________ the heart of the city.
10. The consistent effort of Diego demonstrates that he is __________ to get an “A” in this class.