GLASGOW CITY COUNCIL
TRADE OF WINDOW CLEANER GUIDANCE NOTES
Before lodging your application for a licence to carry on the trade of window cleaner please ensure that you
have read the following guidance notes.
1. You should note that a licence to carry on the trade of window cleaner is required when employing window
cleaner’s to clean windows on your behalf.
2. Where the applicant is an individual natural person, the whole of question 1 should be completed, and
question 2 should be ignored.
3. Where the applicant is a company, partnership or other non-natural person, the whole of question 2 should be
completed and question 1 should be ignored.
4. The lodging fees for applications are as follows: -
Applications for licence valid for: 1 year 2 years 3 years
£115 £209 £276
NB: These fees are payable when the application is lodged and are non-refundable.
5. Whilst processing the application, the Licensing Section will consult with Strathclyde Police.
6. Your attention is also drawn to the standard conditions attached to a licence to carry on the trade of window
cleaner which are as follows:-
(1) The licenceholder shall not, without the consent of the licensing authority, supply any
goods or services other than those specified in his/her application for his/her licence.
(2) The premises may be open for business on such days and during such hours as
determined by the licensing authority.
(3) If during the currency of the licence, the holder is convicted of any offence, they shall,
within 28 days, provide full details of such convictions, in writing, to the Licensing Authority.
10. The Licensing Committee may attach additional conditions to the licence as it sees fit, with each
application being dealt with on its own merits.
11. If you are unclear about any of the above please do not hesitate to ask a member of the Licensing Section’s staff
for assistance or clarification. Telephone No. 0141 287 5182.
Chief Executive’s Office
Room 29 (ground floor)
235 George Street