V. Scott Scambray Board of Trustees
Assistant Superintendents Ida M. Johnson
Castle Commerce Center, 3430 A Street, Atwater, California 95301 Leonard C. Kahn Kurt Kollmann
Sandra L. Schiber, Ed.D. Sam Spangler
Mailing: PO Box 2147, Merced, California 95344
George S. Sziraki, Jr., Ed.D.
www.muhsd.k12.ca.us 209-385-6400 (Fax 209-385-6442)
April 10, 2012
ANNOUNCEMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE VACANCY
LOCATION: El Capitan High School, Merced, California
QUALIFICATIONS: Training - Administrative Services Credential and Master’s Degree.
Experience - Five years of teaching experience and three years administrative
experience in a high school setting.
QUALIFICATIONS: Strong instructional leadership skills. Bilingual desired, but not required.
APPLICATION Ed-Join Online Application (www.edjoin.org)
PROCEDURE: Online application should include the following*:
LETTER OF APPLICATION
Resume of qualifications
Copies of transcripts and credential
Letters of reference (3)
*Documents received outside of the EdJoin online application will not be
SALARY: $104,338- $122,638 + $750 stipend for Doctorate.
(225 contract days). Plus district/employee paid health, dental, & vision benefits
for employee and dependents.
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2012
CONTACT Sandra L. Schiber, Ed.D.
PERSON: Assistant Superintendent
Office of Human Resources
Merced Union High School District
P.O. Box 2147
Merced, CA 95344
FAX (209) 385-6442
DEADLINE: 12 Midnight, Monday, May 7, 2012
Equal Opportunity/Title IX Employer
We educate and empower all students to become 21 st century learners, workers and citizens.
MERCED UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT
Primary Function: To act as the executive officer of the school in carrying out the general policies of the district
as approved by the Superintendent and Board of Trustees. Adheres to the rules and
regulations of the Board of Trustees, and the rules and regulations of State Board of
Education, the provisions of the Education Code and the general laws of California.
Supervision: Reports to the Superintendent.
Requirements Necessary to Perform Typical Duties: Administrative Services Credential and Master’s Degree.
Experience – Five years teaching and three years
administrative experience in a high school.
Typical duties Performed:
1. Establish, implement and evaluate goals for site programs.
2. Maintain necessary enrollment and attendance monitoring procedures.
3. Develop, implement and evaluate school-level staff development programs.
4. Develop, implement and monitor the budget for each site program.
5. Implement district program and student assessment procedures.
6. Develop, implement and evaluate school level programs and student assessment procedures.
7. Recommend and/or assist in the development of appropriate policies and administrative regulations.
8. Develop, implement and evaluate student and parent and advisory groups.
9. Plan, implement and monitor communications to inform/involve parents, students and community members of
District and school programs.
10. Provide timely reports to parents and students about each student's progress.
11. Plan, initiate, monitor and evaluate alternative programs and procedures to improve the educational program
for students including those “at risk.”
12. Provide direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategies for instructional delivery to
maximize student achievement.
13. Provide direction in the development and implementation of desired student expectations for instructional
14. Develop, implement and evaluate programs and procedures to improve student attendance.
15. Provide direction in the development, implementation and evaluation of programs, procedures and strategies to
address student support services grade level expectations.
16. Responsible for the maintenance and security of pupil records.
17. Account for and maintain the physical assets of the school with the assistance of the Business Services
18. Maintain a safe, calm and secure campus.
19. Assist in the selection, orientation, supervision and evaluation of personnel.
The purpose of this document is to list a limited number of duties typically performed by a person holding the
position cited above as well as certain requirements necessary to perform these duties. It is not intended to be a
complete list of duties nor requirements, but rather examples by which to select and compensate certificated
personnel in a fair and reasonable manner.