MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY
(B Accreditation by NAAC)
Priyadarshini Hills, Kottayam, Kerala
Tele: 0481 2731050, 2731065
Fax : 91-481-2731002,2731009,2731011
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details visit us at www.mgu.ac.in
ADMISSION SELF- 2012-
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION FOR THE SELF-FINANCING COURSES 2012-13
Applications are invited for admission to the following Self-Financing Courses
Name of the School, Course, Number and Eligibility (in Italics) are given below.
A. University College of Medical Education (Main Centre : 0481-2598356, 2596831)
(Centres at Gandhinagar Kottayam, Puthuppally, Cheruvandoor, Pala, Manimalakkunnu, Thevara , Angamaly,
Pathanamthitta and Nedumkandom)
*1. B.Sc. Nursing ( Plus Two with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and English put together).
*2. BPT (Bachelor of Physiotherapy)( Plus Two with50% marks in Biology separately &50% marks in Physics, Chemistry
and Biology put together).
*3. B.Sc. MLT (Medical Laboratory Technology) i) Plus Two with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry , Biology and
English put together ii)Candidates who passed the B.Sc degree(3 yr course) exam with
Physics,Chemistry,Zoology,Botany or Biochemistry as main and any one or two of the above subjects as
subsidiaries,with 50% marks for main and subsidiaries taken together,subject to the condition that they have
passed plus 2 exam, with Physics ,Chemistry& Biology as optional subjects.Such students are exempted from
50%marks in +2.
4. B.Sc. Medical Microbiology
5. B.Sc. MRT (Medical Radiological Technology)
Eligibility for courses 4 & 5 Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (50% marks)
6. Post Basic B.Sc Degree in Nursing (2 years) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with 3 year
Diploma in Nursing (RNRM) approved by the INC and KNC and one year experience after registration in Nursing. Weightage
of marks will be given for approved professional experience.
*7. B.Pharm. (4 years) Pre-Degree or Plus Two with 50% marks in Biology or Mathematics/ Biotechnology/Comp.Science
separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics /Biotechnology/Comp .Science put together. Lateral
entry to the second year - D. Pharm. approved by AICTE and Pharmacy Council of India. 50% marks in D.Pharm ER 91
*8. MSc Nursing (i) Obstetrics & Gynaecological Nursing (ii) Medical Surgical (iii) Community Health (iv) Child Health (v)
Mental Health (2 years) Minimum 55% aggregate marks in regular BSc Nursing of M.G University or equivalent degree from
an Institution/University recognized by INC/KNC and registered with KNC and should have one year work
experience.Selection based on marks obtained in the rank list of Entrance exam conducted by CEE
9 MPT (Master of Physiotherapy) (4 Semesters) BPT with 50% marks.
10.. M.Sc. Medical Anatomy (3 years) Second class B.Sc Degree in Zoology or any of the following Para Medical Sciences-
B.Sc Nursing, B.Sc Medical Microbiology, BMRT, BPT and B.Sc MLT. 10% Weightage will be given to Post Graduate
qualification like M.Sc Zoology, B.Ed Natural Science etc. 2 seats are reserved for Medical Graduates
(MBBS,BDS,BHMS,BAMS). In case of absence of such candidates the seats will be allotted to general merit candidates.
11. M.Sc Medical Bio-Chemistry (6 semesters)
Any one of the following degrees with atleast 50% marks in the science subjects. (a) B.Sc in Medical
Biochemistrty /MedicalLaboratoryTechnology /MedicalMicrobiology / MedicalGenetics
(b)B.Sc in Biochemistry/Biotechnology /Microbiology /Genetics /Bioinformatics (c) B.Sc in
Zoology/Botany with Biochemistry/Chemistry as a subsidiary (d) B.Sc in Chemistry with Biological
sciences at the Plus Two level (e) any other Bachelor Degree in Biomedical sciences/Health
sciences/Life Sciences with Bio chemistry as one of the subjects (f) any other Degree approved as
equivalent thereto by the Mahatma Gandhi University.
12. M. Applied Science (Medical Documentation)
(4 Semesters) Any Degree with 50% marks in optionals.
13. M. Applied Science (Bio-Medical Instrumentation) (4 Semesters) B.Sc. in Maths/Physics/Computer Science/Computer
Application/Electronics as Main or Subsidiary/BMRT ( 50% marks).
14. M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology) (2 years) 4 year B.Sc. Medical Microbiology with 50% marks.
15. MHA (Master of Hospital Administration) (4 Semesters) Any Degree with 50% marks for optional subjects or Post
16. MPH (Master of Public Health) (4 Semesters) Any Degree with 50% marks or Post Graduation.
17. M.Pharm. i. Pharmaceutics ii. Pharmacognosy iii) Pharmacology (iv) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (4 Semesters) B.Pharm
Degree of M.G University or recognized as equivalent, with not less than 60% marks for all the four years of the
B.Pharm Exam taken together from an institution recognized by AICTE, New Delhi and Pharmacy Council of
* For courses 1,2,3 , 7& 8 admission to the 50% seats will be from the rank list prepared by UCME based on the marks
of the qualifying examination. Allotment to the 50% seats will be made from the Government list.
B. University College of Applied Sciences (Main Office 0481-2392928)
(Centres at Kottayam, Pathanamthitta and Ernakulam)
18. B.Sc. Computer Science.
19. B.Sc. Electronics with Computer Hardware .
(Admission to courses 18&19 will be through CAP). Application now invited for NRI seats only
20. MSc Computer Science : Will be notified later
21. MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (6 Semesters) A pass in any recognized degree of minimum 3 years duration
in any discipline with Maths in 10+2 level or a pass in any recognized bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any
discipline with Maths/Statistics as one of the subjects or a pass in BCA degree of minimum 3 years duration from a recognized
22. M.Sc. ITCC. (Information Technology & Computer Communication)
23. M.Sc. Applied Electronics Will be notified later
24. M.Sc. Computer Engineering and Network Technology
C. University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha (04862-256222, 2535753)
Admission for B.Tech courses conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Exams, Government of Kerala.
25. M.Tech Applied Electronics (4 semesters) BTech degree in Electronics Engg/Electronics & Comm.Engg/Applied
Electronics Engg/Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engg/Electronics & Instrumentation Engg/ with minimum 60%
aggregate marks or equivalent.
D. Department of Communication and Journalism (Centre at University Campus)
26. M.C.J. (Master of Communication and Journalism) (4 Semesters) 45% marks in any degree.
E. Department of Library and Information Sciences (Centre at University Campus) (0481-2732948)
27. B.L.I.Sc. (Bachelor of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters) 45% marks in any degree.
28. M.L.I.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science) (2 Semesters) 45% marks for B.L.I.Sc.
F. University College of Applied Life Sciences, Pathanamthitta (0468-2323957)
29. M.Sc. Fishery Biology and Aquaculture (4 Semesters). Degree in Zoology/Botany/Chemistry with Zoology as a
Subsidiary subject or BFSc. or B.Sc. Aquaculture or any other equivalent degree with 55% marks in the optional subjects.
30. M.Phil Fishery Biology and Aquaculture MSc Degree in Fishery Biology and Aquaculture/Aquatic Biology and Fisheries/
Zoology/ Fishery Science/Aquaculture/ Industrial Fisheries with 55 % marks.
1. Where to get:
The application and prospectus of self financing admission 2012-13 will be available in the official websites of the
The applicants can download the application forms and prospectus from the above sites.
2. Registration fee The applicant has to remit Rs.400/- as Registration Fee (for SC/ST candidates Rs.200/-) which
enable the aspirant to apply for a maximum of 3 courses in a School. The fee has to be remitted by way of Demand Draft in
favour of the Finance Officer, M G University, Priyadarsini Hills.P O, Athirampuzha, Kottayam payable at SBT, M G University
3. How to apply: One form is enough to apply for all UG courses from 1 to 7 at University College of Medical Education.
The Forms of the previous years are not valid.
One form is needed in order to apply for MCA course of University College of Applied Sciences
4. Selection: To all courses selection is based on merit. All admissions shall be based on merit either solely based on
the marks of the qualifying examination, or taking into account the score obtained in the entrance test or both. The University
will conduct an entrance test for courses 21, 25,26,27,29 and 30. NRI Quota is available for courses under UCME&
UCAS.Only the courses or their equivalents approved by Mahatma Gandhi University shall be reckoned as eligible
qualification. Percentage of marks given is the minimum marks required for Part III Optional Subjects, if not otherwise
mentioned. Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examinations can also apply. Reservation, Concession based
on income and community will be allowed according to the rules of the University/Government.
5. Dates to remember:
i) Application forms of all the courses will be available from : 01.06.2012
ii) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for UG courses at UCME &UCAS : 16.06.2012
iii) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for PG courses : 30.07.2012
iv) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for courses under DLIS &UCALS : 30.07.2012
v) Last date to receive the filled in application forms for M Tech (AE) course at UCE : 20.06.2012
Place : Priyadarsini Hills
Date : 30.05.2012