LMS Cheerleading Parent Information
Coach Waldrop and Coach Wilson
Lewisville Middle School
We believe cheerleading is a sport that is
intended to encourage school spirit and
sportsmanship during games and other school
As a member of the Lewisville Middle School
Cheerleading Squad, each participant will
enhance team working skills and problem
solving skills, increase responsibility, and
develop good decision making habits.
We believe academics are important to
building strong cheerleaders.
• Each cheerleader will be expected to maintain
grades at or above a C average in each class.
• Any squad member who falls below a C in any
class may be unable to participate in games and
practice until grades are brought up to an
average of C or better.
• A squad member who has a D or lower for more
than one grading report in a row will be up for
dismissal from the squad.
We believe good attitude and character
are essential for cheerleaders at practice,
games, and school.
• Cheerleaders are expected to maintain a positive
attitude toward coaches and other squad members
during practice and games and give their best effort
in all activities.
• Cheerleaders are expected to show respect toward
members of their school and other schools.
• Cheerleaders are expected to maintain hair color
that is natural to life and remove all jewelry during
practices and performances.
We believe maintaining a good discipline
record is a must for all cheerleaders.
• Cheerleaders are expected to avoid discipline infractions
such as ISS and OSS.
• Any cheerleader who is in ISS will be unable to participate
in cheer events for one week.
• Cheerleaders who earn ISS two or more times during a
grading quarter will be suspended from cheerleading
activities for three weeks following the second visit to ISS
and may be up for permanent dismissal from the team.
• Cheerleaders who earn OSS will be suspended from
cheerleading activities for at least two weeks. Dismissal
from the team will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
• Students with frequent and serious discipline infractions
will be dismissed from the squad.
We believe regular attendance to practice
and conditioning are the keys to success
and improvement in cheerleading.
• Cheerleaders are required to attend any camps. Camps
are designed to build skills as well as relationships
necessary to the squad.
• Cheerleaders are to miss no more than two practices each
quarter. (Unless they can provide a medical excuse for
their absence.) Attendance requirements for summer
practices are no more than three missed practices.
Allowances will be made for vacation plans; however
commitment to the squad is expected.
• Cheerleaders who miss practice during a week will sit out
for the next game.
• Cheerleaders absent from school on a game day will be
unable to participate in events for that day.
2011 -2012 Budget
Practice uniforms $ 25
Ribbon $ 5
Cheer uniform rental fee $ 25
Bloomers/half top $ 15
Shoes $ 50
Routine Camp (RHHS) $ 75
Tumble Camp (CEA) $ 75
District Athletic Fee $ 50
Game Day shirts $ 20
MINIMUM COST: $340
Warm-up (new cheerleaders) $ 65
Sports bra $ 10
Socks $ 5
Cheer Bag $ 20
TOTAL COST WITH OPTIONS $440
June 6th $125
July 11th $105
Aug 8th $105
Sept 5th $105
Price reductions for options will be taken from
Fundraising may reduce payments and amounts.
Payments must be made on time in order for the
cheerleaders to receive training and equipment on
Candy Bar Fundraiser
Cookie Dough Fundraiser
Car Wash / Bake Sale / Concessions
Pancake Breakfast @ Applebees or Fatz Café
Yard Sale / Bake Sale / Concessions
Camp Dates –
ALL CHEERLEADERS MUST BE
• Rock Hill High
School – July
Tumble Camp –
July 14-16 (time