VACANCY FOR A TEAM MANAGER FOR THE BAG REPRESENTATIVE XV
1. Applications are invited for the post of Team Manager for the BAG Representative
2. The successful applicants will be expected to start on the 1st September 2012 and
it is desirable that the successful applicant completes 3 seasons, which ends in May
2015. The position will be reviewed in [Jan] 2014.
3. Applicants should send their rugby CV by e-mail to Maj Ian Wilkins –
email@example.com or DII 5Rifles-RAO-RAO. The closing date for applications
is 1200hrs 01 Jun 2012. Applicants that don’t pass the CV sift will be contacted by
e-mail by 08 Jun 12. Applicants that pass the CV sift will be invited to an interview on
the 18-19 Jun at BHQ 5 Rifles Paderborn. The interview will also seek evidence of
4. The selection panel will consist of WOI Phil Davies (out going BAG XV Coach),
WOII R Mills RAPTC and chaired by Maj Ian Wilkins. Final appointments will be
made in consultation with the chairman of BAG rugby.
5. The successful candidates will be notified after the interviews on 20 Jun 12.
Unsuccessful candidates at interview will be informed on this date also.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA
6. Applicants are to be suitably qualified and experienced as follows:
• Must be at least a SNCO and have access to DII as professional user.
• Must have previous experience of managing elite rugby players1.
• Are to provide 2 people that may be called upon for a written or verbal
reference. At least 1 needs to hold a current rugby coaching qualification.
• Must be serving in the British Army with at least 2-3 years service
remaining from 1 Sep 12, or be an MOD civil servant.
7. The manager will be responsible to the Chairman of BAG rugby for all aspects of
In this case “elite rugby players” will mean representative rugby players in the Army
from Corps to Senior XV level or Semi professional players (or higher) in civilian
rugby terms. Examples of names of players should be given in the CV or covering e-
• The day to day running of the BAG rep side including match, training time
days and maintenance of the Rugby First Site for all BAG based teams from
BAG XV to the Minis.
• Booking and accounting for of resources, fixtures and travel for the Rep team.
• Media coverage for the BAG XV activities including match reports, FB and
other web based media.
8. The time commitment for this post is very demanding for both work and personal
time. You will also be required to do out of hours and weekend work, which will
include watching players/matches and analytical duties. You will need to confirm in
writing to honour the time commitment. You will also need to provide to the
Chairman written agreement from your Chain of Command, after CV sift and prior to
interview. This post is unpaid although reasonable travel and subsistence costs will