1. The Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forest, New Delhi.
2. The Director, Animal Welfare Division, Ministry of Environment and Forest, New Delhi.
Kindly refer to my application under the Right to Information Act, 2005 and reply given by the Under
Secretary cum CPIO vide F. No. 21/38/2012/AWD dated July 13, 2012. As per this reply I came to know
that Animal Welfare Act, 2011 draft is under process and rest draft’s for dog breeders, pet shop and fish
aquarium are dropped but complete information was not provided as stated below:
1. Stage of Animal Welfare Act, 2011 draft was not intimated, whether this draft approved by the
Cabinet and when it will be placed before the Indian Parliament, tabled on the floor of the
House for consideration?
2. Pease supply me the copy of legal opinion given by the Ministry of Legal Affairs, on the basis of
Dog breeder, pet shop and fish aquarium drafts were dropped ignoring public opinion and
3. Is there any chance or opportunity to reintroduce the dropped draft on dog breeders, pet shop
and fish aquarium rules?
4. Is the Animal Welfare Board of India – AWBI intimated about the decision and what was the
reaction of AWBI on the decision taken by the Ministry of Environment and Forest for dropping
the draft rules on dog breeders, pet shops and fish aquarium?, please supply me the copies.
5. Please supply the copies of all comments recorded by the Ministry of Environment and Forest:
A. Justification of introduction of draft rules for dog breeders, pet shops and fish aquarium.
B. Summery of public comments received by the Ministry on the draft rules for dog breeders,
pet shop and fish aquarium along with the opinion of the Ministry.
Abhishek Kadyan, C-38, Rose Apartment, Prashant Vihar, sector-14, Rohini, DELHI – 110085.