VILLAGE OF SOUTH LEBANON
SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
JANUARY 5, 2012
1. Mayor Lawhorn called the meeting to order at 6:15 p.m. with prayer
and the pledge.
2. Linda Allen - Present Glenn Holloway – Present
Randall Atkins – Present Bill Madison – Present
Dean Evans – Present Jeff Sturtevant – Absent
3. Mayor Lawhorn stated the meeting was called to discuss and take any
action necessary to place ad and set compensation for the Tax
Commissioner’s position. He stated we have received a resignation from
Nicole Armstrong and her last day will be January 13, 2012. Mayor Lawhorn
said he requests an executive session to consider the employment and
compensation of the future village employee. A motion to go into executive
session was made at 6:18 p.m. by Holloway, seconded by Evans, Allen – yea,
Atkins – yea, Evans – yea, Holloway – yea, and Madison – yea.
4. A motion to return from executive session was made at 6:36 p.m. by
Evans, seconded by Holloway, Allen – yea, Atkins – yea, Evans –
yea, Holloway – yea, and Madison – yea. Mayor Lawhorn stated there
was no action taken in executive session.
5. Mayor Lawhorn said we have a recommendation for the salary as set by
Clemans Nelson for that position and we need a motion. A motion to
to place an ad and use Clemans Nelson’s pay range recommendation
for the position of Tax Commissioner was made by Madison, seconded by
Atkins, all yeas.
6. Mayor Lawhorn stated that there is a recommendation to replace Sherri
Carbo on the Personnel Committee. Evans nominated Linda Allen, seconded
by Atkins, all yeas.
7. A motion to adjourn the meeting was made at 6:39 p.m. by Madison,
seconded by Holloway, all yeas.
Sharon Louallen, Fiscal Officer Lionel Lawhorn, Mayor