Docstoc

Portfolio Action Plan v1.0

Document Sample
Portfolio Action Plan v1.0 Powered By Docstoc
					Shenington with Alkerton Parish Council Portfolio Action Plan




Portfolio                         Who              Actions                                                                                                        Year to      Closed
                                  (lead in                                                                                                                        Action      (minutes
                                  red)                                                                                                                                       reference)
Gliding & Karting                 Margaret         Go Karting
                                              1    Noise monitoring of every karting day by parishioners ( currently 4 but aim for more participants)             On-going
                                              2    Notify the Kart club of any trailers carrying Karts through the village                                        On-going
                                              3    Present noise monitoring data to the Environmental Health dept at Cherwell DC for current season               On-going
                                              4    Follow up any action to be taken regarding the 2009 data submitted to CDC Env Health.                             1
                                              5    Monitor any changes at the Kart track and advise CDC planning dept of any enforcement issues                   On-going
                                              6    Arrange annual meeting in Sept/Oct 2010 to discuss :                                                              1
                                                   ·        Calendar for 2011
                                                   ·        Possibility of reduction of meetings on Sundays in July and August
                                                   ·        Update on sat navs directing traffic up Stocking Lane
                                              7    Possible signage directing traffic to the airfield                                                                2
                                                   Gliding Club
                                              8    Arrange annual meetings with the Gliding Club committee to discuss the above objectives                        On-going
                                              9    Possible signage directing traffic to the airfield                                                                2
Communication                      Emma            Internal Communications
(To include liaison with police,   Margaret   1    Draft minutes to be circulated by Friday after meeting with action points and assigned responsibilities        On-going
clubs, school, church, Neil Brooks Gillian         Where distributed to the public, Councillors, bodies (e.g. Cherwell) to be identified by name, not by
re Green, LDF)                                     initials
                                              2    Post Countryside Code on notice boards                                                                            1
                                                   PC Website
                                              3    Develop our own ‘basic’, 4 or 5 page website                                                                      1
                                              4    Approval required for small expenditure for domain name, hosting.                                                 1
                                                   Communications Management
                                              5    Standing order to be added: All PC communications to be cleared by Chair, Vice-Chair. No active                   1
                                                   approaches to Media, except where cleared by Chair / Vice-Chair in advance. All incoming press
                                                   enquiries to be handled according to agreed procedure (details of procedure to be finalised)
                                               6   PC reports of business to be originated by PC                                                                     1
                                               7   Public circulation of meeting announcements, approved minutes, etc by Parish Clerk                             On-going
                                               8   Complaints procedure – publicise via web site, hold hard copy for provision if requested                          2
                                               9   To ensure communications are in plain English and jargon-free                                                  On-going
                                              10   To note relevant communications style points e.g. “The Village s ”.                                            On-going
                                              11   When necessary, develop ‘position statements’ for hot-button issues.                                           On-going
                                                   Contact Management
                                              12   Build a circulation list of Parishioners requesting Meeting Announcements, Approved Minutes, etc. To           On-going
                                                   be held centrally.
                                              13   Build a circulation list of relevant ‘non-parishioner’ contacts – e.g. local bodies, etc. Provided by Chair,   On-going
                                                   Portfolio holders
                                                   Emergency Plan
                                              14   Create plan and communicate to parish as appropriate                                                              1
                                                   Initiatives
                                              15   PC info leaflet and questionnaire to be finalised and distributed. Findings report to be provided to PC           1
                                              16   Affordable Housing Survey – Queries list completed, survey amendments awaiting confirmation from                  1
                                                   ORPH re: scope for change
                                              17   Parish Plan – Subject to review and input from PC questionnaire                                                   2




v1.0
Shenington with Alkerton Parish Council Portfolio Action Plan




Minerals & Tip                       Tom       1     Contact WNS Recycling and OCC. Express our concerns re. litter and fly-tipping and clarify                   On-going
                                     Emma            responsibilities for clean up.
                                               2     Discuss with OCC the possibility of moving the recycling centre.                                                2
                                               3     Request “Minerals and Waste Development Control” dept. at OCC updates the PC immediately upon                   2
                                                     any development in the proposed minerals extraction.
                                                4    Discuss with interested and concerned residents the formation of a “Minerals Forum”                             1
Highways                             Robin      1    Review PC minutes and other information held by PC on parish highways.                                          1
                                     Anthea     2    Clarify OCC and CDC responsibilities concerning highways.                                                       1
                                                3    Be reactive concerning objectives 1, 3 and 4.                                                                On-going
                                                4    Log OCC and CDC activities in the parish concerning highways.                                                On-going
                                                5    Road safety in the villages:
                                               5.1   Discuss with OCC road safety and speed limits in the villages and particularly Stocking Lane;                   1
                                               5.2   Discuss with the School possible actions to improve road safety in Stocking Lane;                               1
                                               5.3   Other actions to be decided after review and discussions.                                                       2
Countryside                          Anthea     1    Footpaths – to liaise with local landowners to gauge their feelings regarding allowing members of the           2
                                     Robin           public more access
(To include activity on footpaths)             2     Oxfordshire Nature Conservation Forum, Development Officer Cynthia Napper, happy to talk to PC on               1
                                                     what we have & how to conserve it, our area has already been surveyed! talk would be about 20 mins
                                                     Oct/Nov.
                                               3     Sort of things we could consider bird/bee/bat boxes, not mowing an area of the green and not mowing             1
                                                     some grass verges. Will speak to Ann Grant to find out which wild flowers etc were on the green before
                                                     it was mowed on a regular basis.
                                               4     Cherwell Countryside Forum – re managing land etc, clerk should be notified of meetings, would like to       On-going
                                                     attend if possible.
                                               5     Litter pick, September 24th with school, will speak to head, area and time, also village litter pick April      1
                                                     2011, will need to borrow equipment which we used last time.
                                               6                                                                                                                     1
                                                     Countryside Code, include in next issue of The Shenington Green and copies on village notice boards.
Businesses & Services                Gillian   1     Create a list of local businesses and trades (to include parishioners if available)                             2
(To include recreation)              Tom       2     Find out needs of parishioners in relation to services, such as broadband speed                                 2
                                               3     Liaise with local bus company to keep up to speed on any changes to services                                 On-going
                                               4     Establish if there is a need for a play area within the parish                                                  2
                                               5     Consider place on school governors                                                                              1
Planning                             No lead   1     Increase PCs' planning knowledge                                                                                1
                                               2     Strategy for planning applications                                                                              1
                                                     .




v1.0

				
DOCUMENT INFO
Categories:
Tags:
Stats:
views:299
posted:8/1/2012
language:English
pages:2