1 Peter 4:10
• As each one has received a special gift,
employ it in serving one another as
good stewards of the manifold grace of
Policy and Procedures
Consist of Three Areas:
Ministry Area/Department Stewardship
Congregation, in cooperation
Accountable To with Deacon Ministry, Finance
Ministry, and Pastor
Ministry Target Church
Position Is Volunteer
Position May Be Filled By Church member
Ministry Area/Department Stewardship
Minimum Maturity Level Stable, mature Christian
Spiritual Gifts Administration • Giving • Serving
Experience and/or education in
Talents or Abilities Desired
business and finance
Trustworthy • Honest • Sincere •
Discreet • Levelheaded • Mature •
Best Personality Traits
Analyst-expresser or analyst-
Passion For Good stewardship
Length of Service Commitment Three years
Anticipated Time Commitments
Doing • One to two hours a
• One to two hours a
meetings/training month or as
1. Recommend and review procedures for the church’s financial
2. Arrange for the annual independent audit.
3. Maintain an annual inventory of church facilities.
4. Serve as legal custodians of all church property.
5. Represent the church in legal matters.
6. Give input/financial advice to the Deacon Ministry, Finance
Ministry, Pastor, and staff as requested.
7. Execute bank notes, deeds and other legal documents after
receiving approval at the church’s business meetings.
8. Keep the official copies of the church incorporation, bylaws,
and policies and procedures documents.
9. Fulfill local, state, and federal laws while serving as a trustee
of the church.
10. Assist in the process of awarding contracts for work that
must be done to improve or repair church building
11. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the church
12. This description is not intended as, nor does it
imply, a contract of, or an offer of, employment.
Bylaws: Article 6, Section 6
• Trustees shall, at the direction and discretion
of the Church, hold legal title to church
property, sign all contracts/documents with
three fourths approval by the church. Keep
the official copies of the church incorporation,
bylaws and policies and procedures
documents. Arrange for the annual
1. Church leaders and staff have a long list of
responsibilities. Among these is the
responsibility for the money that flows
through the church. Good accounting records
and good stewardship go hand in hand.
Conducting an audit is not a symbol of
distrust...it is a mark of dependability.
2. The Trustee Ministry shall arrange for the
annual, external, independent audit. An
external, independent audit gives the church
reasonable assurance about whether the
financial statements are free of material
misstatement. External, independent
auditors may make recommendations for
improvement based on their findings.
1. In accordance with church bylaws, and within
the approved church budget, the Trustee
Ministry shall arrange for an independent
auditor on an annual basis in the month of May.
2. The Trustee Ministry shall, with the cooperation
of the Deacon Ministry, Finance Ministry, Senior
Pastor, Church Treasurer, Church Clerk, and the
Church Staff, comply with the independent
3. The Trustee Ministry, shall upon receipt of
the completed audit, convey the results and
any subsequent recommendations for
improvement, to the Senior Pastor, Chair of
the Deacon Ministry, and Chair of the
4. The Chair of the Finance Ministry shall
receive the original results of the completed
audit and any subsequent recommendations
5. In cooperation with other ministries, the
Finance Ministry shall respond in writing to
any recommendations for improvement.
6. The Finance Ministry shall forward copies of
the results of the completed audit, any
recommendations for improvement, and
written response from the Finance Ministry
to the Chair of the Trustee Ministry, the Chair
of the Deacon Ministry, the Senior Pastor,
and the Church Clerk.
7. The Finance Ministry shall forward all originals
to the Church Secretary to be kept on file in the
church business office.
8. At the next regular business meeting it shall be
announced that a copy of the results of the
completed audit, any recommendations for
improvement, and written response from the
Finance Ministry shall be available for
examination in the church business office by any
active member of Ebenezer Welcome Baptist