MAUREEN McKINNON, R.N., B.S.N.
Hanson, Massachusetts 02341
C (617) 304-7383
PROFILE Conscientious nursing professional with a well-rounded background that demonstrates strong
clinical assessment and case management qualifications. Successful in adapting to new
professional challenges and learning opportunities.
• Responsive to patients specific needs and effective in presenting medical information in a
caring and comprehensive manner.
• Track record of serving as supportive team contributor and sustaining open channels of
communication with colleagues.
• Skilled at organizing priorities and maintaining clear and thorough documentation.
2004 to Present VISTA CARE HOSPICE INC., Southboro, MA.
Hospice Nurse, On-Call Triage
Provided skilled professional nursing care to patients, families, and caregivers as prescribed by the
physican and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nurses and company
• Triage all calls to determine current needs of patients and their caregivers.
• Determine appropriate course of action required to meet those needs and enhance the patients
quality of care.
• Communicate will all members of the Interdisciplinary Team to assure proper patient follow up.
Hospice Nurse, Case Manager
Responsible of developing and implementing a plan of care which meets the physical, emotional and
spiritual wellbeing of my patients and their families.
• Provide an on-going assessment of a patient’s medical condition and need for symptom
management. Educate a patients caregiver on all aspects of “end of life” care.
• Direct a team of caregivers which includes various Medical Professionals, Home Health Aids, Social
Workers, Spiritual Advisors, Volunteers and Bereavement Counselors to meet the needs of my
• Provide compassionate and emotional support to the patient’s family.
2000 to 2001 SOUTH SHORE VISITING NURSES ASSOCIATION, Weymouth, MA
1992 to 2000 WELCH HOME HEALTH, Norwell, MA
Cared for patient caseload that included post-operative, cardiac, pulmonary, and
• Collaborated with multi-disciplinary team of occupational, physical, and respiratory
therapists as well as social workers and psychologists to implement patient care plans.
• Provided orientation and supervision to certified nursing assistants.
• Educated patients, family members, and caregivers on effective care management.
1985 to 1988 NEW ENGLAND LIFE, Boston, MA
Disabilities Claims Examiner
Managed claims involving surgical, workers compensation, maternity, motor vehicle,
and other medical issues.
• Reviewed and requested medical documentation to determine length of coverage and
• Conducted thorough medical and personal history investigations of members claiming
• Served as informational resource for insurance agents and clients.
1981 to 1985 CARNEY HOSPITAL, Dorchester, MA
Staff Nurse - Medical-Surgical
Provided care to medically diverse patient population, including preoperative and post-
operative treatment of patients with multi-system issues.
• Scope of care was diverse and included IV, chest tube, catheterization, NG-tube, G-tube,
and wound care.
• Assisted with invasive procedures such as sigmoidoscopies.
• Prepared care plans and performed ongoing clinical assessments of patients condition.
• Provided patient teaching on physician orders, medications, and complication prevention.
EDUCATION SALVE REGINA COLLEGE, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, cum laude, 1981